--5 days running from death--

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

so, sorry to dig up such an old post, but i just spent the past 45 minutes reading it and all the responses, and i have to admit, the entire time i was reading the story i was like "there's no way this fucking happened" and "this guy HAD to have been on amphetamines" but then looking at who posted it (menu) someone who's been very reliable on this site, im veering towards this event occurring because a case of mistaken identity, or perhaps the home bum being related to a gang member. i was reading it in total disbelief the whole time, but at the end i was like, "damn, that's a crazy story", and after tossing all the theories around, it's one I'm definitely inclined to believe (even though the cop involvement is a bit on the wild side).

good story man. im thinking about doing a "best story of the week" blog post on pn. can i include this in the list?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I don't think cop involvement would be that much on the wild side, if you think about how much influence a gang can have- there's a lot of cops who know they're stuck on the beat and won't be getting a promotion, so they find the easiest way of getting more cash. I just think it would have to be a mistaken identity thing though, beating up someone doesn't quite warrant that effort. Now if they thought he'd robbed one of their dealers or something though...

PS, if you want to know if a story is false, the best way is to actually hang out with the storyteller a bit- because some people are veritable weirdness/trouble/whatever magnets. If you don't know what I'm talking about, they you haven't experienced enough to say anything. Either that or you're a boring magnet, in which case, condolences?

scatwomb

Reaction score
so, sorry to dig up such an old post, but i just spent the past 45 minutes reading it and all the responses, and i have to admit, the entire time i was reading the story i was like "there's no way this fucking happened" and "this guy HAD to have been on amphetamines" but then looking at who posted it (menu) someone who's been very reliable on this site, im veering towards this event occurring because a case of mistaken identity, or perhaps the home bum being related to a gang member. i was reading it in total disbelief the whole time, but at the end i was like, "damn, that's a crazy story", and after tossing all the theories around, it's one I'm definitely inclined to believe (even though the cop involvement is a bit on the wild side).

good story man. im thinking about doing a "best story of the week" blog post on pn. can i include this in the list?

I dunno dude, I believe menu is an upright guy or whatever, but, delusions don't necessarily need to be induced by drugs. He could have had a delusional paranoid episode - I mean, he barely slept for days. And, sleep deprivation can definitely make you delusional. Like, there is no doubt in my mind that menu THOUGHT all of this happened exactly the way he said it did, but, reality may have been a little different.

menu

Reaction score
I dont mind at all matt if you wanna include it.

Its been a long time since Ive read it myself. and I did. its still something I remember quite vividly. I dont take offense to people not believing it. honestly if I hadnt experienced it. it would be a hard one for me to believe. but I did experience it. it was something that has changed the way I handle myself out there when Im rolling. but anyway. its definately not a reason to stay away from the west coast. Cali oregon and wash. have lots to offer. just be about your wits.

Reactions: scatwomb

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads