34 and ready for a change...First step get out of FL | Squat the Planet

34 and ready for a change...First step get out of FL

XRey

Reaction score
Hey people lurked on this site for too long figured with a new year I'd try and be less introverted and create an account. I'm 34 and in Tampa FL worked all my life mostly in construction till a few years ago been living off of savings in a 200 sq ft "Handi-House" I converted to a tiny home with an outdoor shower. When I had a job I did a good amount of traveling to Costa Rica and up and down the east coast and out west half a dozen times but always spending too much money to get there and too much money staying there. Now that I've given up on the rat race and most of society I want to travel and live in a different way. Looking for someone to kick it with, thinking of going out west or maybe down to Mexico and don't care if I ever come back to FL.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Reaction score
That's awesome! What methods of traveling do you plan to incorporate? Not giving a shit about getting back to anywhere in particular must be exhilarating. The trip I keep fantasizing about entails me figuring out return plans. I hope you find what you are looking for out there!

XRey

Reaction score
That's awesome! What methods of traveling do you plan to incorporate? Not giving a shit about getting back to anywhere in particular must be exhilarating. The trip I keep fantasizing about entails me figuring out return plans. I hope you find what you are looking for out there!
Ive done a lot of traveling by plane when I had the funds to do so but that is boring and original and I dont trust people enough anymore to be on something thousands of feet in the air I cant get off of. I sold my truck so as of now bus or train or car if I meet someone. I have always wanted to hop a freight train but I need to find the right people to do it with. Ya I just dont have anything keeping me where I am at no family or kids or job.

Jambalaya

Reaction score
Ive done a lot of traveling by plane when I had the funds to do so but that is boring and original and I dont trust people enough anymore to be on something thousands of feet in the air I cant get off of. I sold my truck so as of now bus or train or car if I meet someone. I have always wanted to hop a freight train but I need to find the right people to do it with. Ya I just dont have anything keeping me where I am at no family or kids or job.
Same here. Mostly just conventional methods of travel. I've ridden a motorcycle since I was 18 and I've done a lot of riding and camping that way. Mostly in national forests. I have a friend who was once a really active graff head that knows a ton about trains. We're planning some stuff now, but who knows when we'll actually make it happen. I've got everything I need and then some. I've been subconsciously preparing for this trip for years. I rely more on software than hardware, the knowledge and the know how to source things from your environment, rather than have to carry everything you think you need.

XRey

Reaction score
Same here. Mostly just conventional methods of travel. I've ridden a motorcycle since I was 18 and I've done a lot of riding and camping that way. Mostly in national forests. I have a friend who was once a really active graff head that knows a ton about trains. We're planning some stuff now, but who knows when we'll actually make it happen. I've got everything I need and then some. I've been subconsciously preparing for this trip for years. I rely more on software than hardware, the knowledge and the know how to source things from your environment, rather than have to carry everything you think you need.
Haha same here for 2 years I have been slowly buying gear and now I have too much Ive been giving some things away to people I see that are on the streets. Ive read for hours and hours on the trainhopping part on here when you could read it but now its private I guess your account has to be 30 days old to access it. Well just throwing it out there if you ever have room for one more Id love to tag along.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads