<3 Hey!

N

Nanaki

Hey ya'll!
So I've honestly been sitting here for days trying to figure out what I want to say here while getting really distracted by looking up cute pictures of cats. (Oh, intronets. How I utilize you to your fullest potential.. heh..) ...I'm really horrible at this whole introductions bit.. A friend of mine showed me this website and I thought how amazing and awesome this is! So I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe learn a thing or two, make a buddy or two or three and maybe share some useful/useless knowledge that I might have gained along the way. :)
Oh yeah. Shit. Well, anywho.. My real name is Lindsay. I've been traveling pretty aimlessly for the last year or so now and along the way I've been given a lot of really silly nicknames so I did that jackass thing and chose my own just for this website. ha! (..And if anyone gets the refrence then I love you forever. <3)
I'm 25, and from the beauitfully gray, always rainy Oregon Coast. (Astoria!)
Um. Well...I guess I'm a really lost soul. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing where I'm going and on some occasions genuinely have no idea where I am. All I know is that I want to see everything. I want to be everywhere in this world and experience all its ugly and beautiful insanity. I don't believe in the notion of being 'stuck' in any place. if you can walk, then that is your first step to getting out. I've walked, hitched, hopped, flew, rode the ol' big hound and yes I don't give two fucks what anyone says about it, I even enjoy riding on Amtrak. (oh, those deliciously soggy bagels and believing you got stealth smoking that J on board..haha) If it can take me somewhere (Anywhere!) then your sure as hell I'm on board all the way. :)

Hmm.. But aside from all that, and looking up cute cat pictures and videos.. (Fuck.) I also enjoy making things. Anything. I love learning how things are made and then attempting it myself. But I mostly just work with fabric/leather/beads/feathers.. ect. Things light to carry, and to be given away eventually. I like all kinds of music. I try not to subscribe to any sort of genre or 'core' or any of that hooplah... I just find it very limiting. But whatever you're into, ya know? Whatever.
I don't give two shits about politics because to me its just a bunch of people pissin' on each other and loosing sight of how amazing life really is. But again, whatever your into, ya know?
Um. I like reading and writing letters, painting pretty pictures, watching really shitty movies, meeting people.. blahblahblah*charlie brown's teacher's voice starts kickin' in**blahblah.

Um. Well anyway I don't want to rant too much. Thats me. Sorta. In a nutshell so the saying goes.

How about you?

:)

N

Nanaki

Gursihk huh? Nah. I've been nerding out lately on you said it.. Final Fantasy. Ding ding ding! You won the wonderful prize of eternal love from a complete stranger! *crowd goes wild*
haha anyway Hey there and Merry Christmas and all that jazz! :)

N

Nanaki

Oh wow. And by the way holy shit I don't think I realized how much I curse until now.icon_pissoff <-- that probably better describes me more than anything.. hahahahaha

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool avatar and welcome!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
very cool intro, you sound very fun! are you interested in going anywhere in particular?

N

Nanaki

I like your perspective on not caring what the medium of travel is - well done.

Yeah its weird that a lot of people actually care about how you travel more than where you've actually been.. Travel is travel, right? Its about seein' the world and finding yourself or whatever the hell your looking for and all that romantized bull.. I never thought that was actually a thing sizing somebody up based on their method of travel until I decided to say fuck money and started traveling without it.. I guess those people might be bored. Or insecure. Or pissed that they got shitty face tats they regret or something to really give two shits about your (yeah you. A complete stranger to them.. What the fuck should they care, right?) medium of travel. But thats their biz. We're just floating along happily to one place to another livin' the dream. Fuck it.

very cool intro, you sound very fun! are you interested in going anywhere in particular?

Hmm..... I'm interested in going anywhere... Everywhere! I know how annoying that might be hearing some douchebag kid with the sparkle of romantized travel in their eye say that may be ...(Thank you JackfuckingKeruoac for ruining/making our lives... Douchebag.. hahaha!) But I mean that with my whole heart. the further I go the more and more I just want to keep going and be surprised with what I might find. Its like Christmas, when you wake up from the long bus/train/car/boat/whatever ride and like magic your somewhere far away. A new far away. And you pack your shit and head out, discover new things and places and learn things you might have never got the chance to come to know otherwise. We live in a shitty ass world but God Damn how beautiful this shitty ass world can be. This is Neverland. Its quite real. I've definitely been charmed. I'm probably fucked forever, stuck with that annoying sparkle in my eye, but Godfuckingdammit I wouldn't want it any other way.
But really honestly truly? After the holidays I'm might be headed to Arizona. Or Minnesota. r fuck it I might actually hitch the 101 down the coast because I got to be realistic here its freezing balls everywhere else so I might end up in everyones most celebrated and hated (hated just to sound cool, of course. We wouldn't want it any other way ;) haha) place.. California!
Ultimately though, I would like to leave the country again. Where to? Who knows. We'll just have to see. :)

N

Nanaki

Oh yeah and by the way maybe you can answer this question for me Matt.. Whats the deal with StP not allowing the word "Raccoon" as a display name? I found that odd.. One of my favorite nicknames someone had given me was Raccoon Lady.. 'Cause well to make a long story short I had became good friends with the Raccoons in Golden Gate Park and my finding and dumpstering skills I guess we can say had leveled up to the skill that of a raccoon apparently. haha Whats the deal with that?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Oh yeah and by the way maybe you can answer this question for me Matt.. Whats the deal with StP not allowing the word "Raccoon" as a display name? I found that odd.. One of my favorite nicknames someone had given me was Raccoon Lady.. 'Cause well to make a long story short I had became good friends with the Raccoons in Golden Gate Park and my finding and dumpstering skills I guess we can say had leveled up to the skill that of a raccoon apparently. haha Whats the deal with that?

oh, way back when, we had a few people that were registering usernames that were kinda racist and/or offensive in some way, so the word "coon" got added to the list of names you can't use. seeing as that is part of the word raccoon, that would explain why you couldn't register that name.

if you decide to come down towards cali, come see us in slab city. ill be here till the end of february.

N

Nanaki

Ah ha! Wow yeah that makes sense. Jeez, some people's children. I say.

Yeah definitely I heard a lot about Slab City but never been.. So maybe? I finally got out of my indecisive rut and will be headed to Texas next month. Still have no idea how I'm getting there or what route I'll be taking. Where will you be going after Feburary?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads