2022 Jamboree 2022 Dirty Scouts Jamboree Location Discussion Thread

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2022 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
As far as Prospect goes, Hersberger Rd has tons of little spots along the river. Just a matter of what's free. Maybe a quarter of a mile up the highway from there is where I took that photo along Bybee creek. That spot would also be nice and the water is deeper there. Room for several cars at the head, and those with 4wd could make it down the path a ways if you wanted. There's spots for multiple tents. I recommend large straps for hammocks because the trees are thick. Next time I drive down that way, I can pin the location on Google maps to share. It's hard to make it out on Satellite. Both spots are walking distance to the Rogue River Gorge viewpoint or Farewell Bend Picnic area for vault toilets. I would prefer this location.

As far as Westfir goes, we could meet at the covered bridge and caravan out or put something up to flag people down. The first spot is right at the National Forest sign and has cell reception but tends to be trashed by locals. Mile points 7 and 10-12 have the best swimming holes in my opinion. It's a bit further out, but Kiahanie Campground was waiving fees last time I was out there (during the pandemic, not sure about now). That would have a vault toilet. Plenty of free spots before that point as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and hard code August 9-11 for Jambo as per the Vote thread.
It works best for me personally and it had the highest pecentage of people that cared.

Is anyone wandering central/southern OR that can scope out Umpqua hot spring area (Koala or I can give some possible coords) or where @Scat suggested and hold down a spot a few days prior so we know we're good to land there?

According to Freeroam, only Verizon works at Umpqua. I haven't checkedthe other spots.

• Agree
Reactions: Koala

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i can come down from WA with my van in a few days and hold a spot for us. it would help though if folks could maybe give me a list of spots? I can scout them and then pick one and report back here.

Reactions: Jerrell

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Hey we decided on August 9 thru 11! Check that link for location updates too. Matt is going out to scope spots next week. But be ready to meet up either near Umpqua Hot Spring or near Prospect, OR :) they're pretty near each other

Jerrell

Reaction score
Imgur Album of Prospect
Got some pics yesterday and pinned the coordinates. It is further down from the other camping road and restrooms than I remembered. It's also a bit hazy, we should compare AQIs between locations.

I can't tell what's going on in the pics. Can you drive into the woods or is it just a pull out?

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
I can't tell what's going on in the pics. Can you drive into the woods or is it just a pull out?

There is a large pullout right off of a paved road with a very rough road down into the woods - you'd have to have a good rig to do it.

As a heads up, I might be traveling to do some carny work and not be able to make it to the jambo. ): Plus with the air quality, you might wanna do a different location anyway. Up to you all.

superphoenix

Reaction score
Will be in LA area then, so correct Coast but a bit far from the Jambo and probably would wanna take it easy for a while, so more than likely I’ll only be there in spirit. Down to meet up with folks afterward and bum around the West Coast.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just FYI I am leaving Cle Elum, WA on the afternoon of the 5th. I'll be heading down to the Umpqua National Forest on the 6th and scouting out these locations (probably with @jimi) and posting the exact coordinates of the location we pick asap and posting it here.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
To avoid confusion, I'm locking this thread and asking everyone to move over to @Koala's thread here, with official dates and location:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads