2017 Cycle tour finally kicking off

Pedal to the Metal

Pedal To The Metal
Reaction score
I am leaving tucson on my newest bike saturday . Headed across the desert westbound, gonna make a stop at Slab City then to Joshua Tree for spring bloom. After that I will be working my way toward Moab for a meet up with friends for shenanigans. Thinking I may head NE toward the upper peninsula of Michigan after that as timing would be just right for visiting the UP eh?

Who else is cycling? Itineraries?

Just made a new official logo for my ride. Will have stickers. Soon
received_10211087761163675.jpeg

Some of my map is here:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jos...m1!1s0x8747e1e59ab82d8d:0xb32b17af1d5c42d!3e1

duderino

Reaction score
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
I'm going to ride the Transamerica bicycle trail this summer. Once I get to the east coast, I'm going to head up to Maine. I won't be leaving till mid may though. I just quit my job to start training. This will be my first tour, and pretty much my first time traveling. I'm down to meet up with people on the way.

duderino

Reaction score
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
@duderino if you're still on your trip to the east coast, I will be heading out on my first ride this January. Thought about heading a bit south but nothing is set in stone, definitely would be nice to have some company.
I fucked up my knee after the first couple weeks of my tour and came back to the Oregon coast. I got tendonitis from overuse. I made a thread about it here https://squattheplanet.com/threads/be-careful.31684/ I was thinking of giving it another go next year, but I think I'm going to stay where I'm at and try to get treated for my hep c instead. I'll probably do some more touring in 2019 if I'm feeling healthy enough.

Rosegarden

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, hope everything works out well for you then. I'm definitely reconsidering my original planned route now since the bike's gearing isn't matched to my fitness level for even minor grades, and that's unloaded.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Removed the 'news and blogs' prefix since the OP doesn't contain any embedded articles or links to articles...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads