2 kids lookin' for an adventure..

Sancer412

Reaction score
Hey there, my name's Cory. I'm from West Virginia (not to be confused with western Virginia) I'm an experienced hiker and have had many hitch-hiking experiences, but not really any when it comes to train hopping, unless it was just to get to the other end of town.
Anyways, me and a friend (named Timmy) are trying to plan a trip either out West, or possibly South into Florida or somewhere. Actually, we dont really have a destination or much of a plan, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm not even gonna bring up the Crew Change as a guide, cause I know it's "secretive" for a reason, and I'm glad it's not on the internet for people to exploit the hell out of.
So any tips, advice, or if you just wanna meet up or something, hit me up. The more the merrier, and we're always down for meeting new people. We're not junkies, or anything like that, and we're very easy-going and can get along with just about anyone.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Two kids looking for adventure..all great stories start that way. Mine did, only when I showed up at my buddies place after months of planning he backed out, leaving me on my own...it worked out, but anyhow.

If you have never ridden before I wouldn't make any huge long distance plans. It can be difficult for even experienced riders. Start small and maybe make a train ride as one part of a larger trip.
Its good that you dont really care where you end up as chances are you wont know where your going to end up until you get off a train.

Personally Id focus on finding a place where trains stop regularly. Once you have that spend some time watching the yard and try to learn its patters. Consider yourself a hunter, learn how your prey operates so you can catch it easily. That's also a great excuse for you guys to get some booze, drugs what ever and chill track side while watching train...fuck Im excited just saying it!

Once you guy are ready to head out, head down to the yard or where ever and take a step into the great unknown.

Just don't ride anything without a proper floor and a safe hiding spot. That means no catching trains on the fly. Wait for the train to stop and take a moment or two to find a good ride..none of this panic shit and get on the first thing that roles by only to realize its an IM with no floor...most riders experience riders who pass on go out while riding suicides..keep that in mind while your making your first few runs.

Sancer412

Reaction score
Thanks wizehop. Yea, I guess our plan is to kinda not have a plan or destination. Anything planned is gonna suck or end in the worse possible way.

LOL And sorry for mentioning the unmentionable. I assure you I'm not a cop. Apparently, just a dumb West Virginian hick.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads