1st time hopper from Toronto! | Squat the Planet

1st time hopper from Toronto!

Green36

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself on the forum. I remember running into StP about a year ago when I was reading up on hopping and planning my trip..

I have decided that I will be hopping from Toronto to BC sometime this summer and hope to meet some new people and make some quality new friends. I am thinking it's safer to hitch to Sudbury and then catch out to BC. I have done some alone time in the woods (1 week) and have hitched quite a bit these past few summers, and spent a little time in a couple community squats (oh god!)

I am a 24 year old white male (straight [not that it matters here]) who loves animals and nature, and supports the self-sufficiency movement totally. I am an anarchist, who is educated on a very broad spectrum, ranging from Tax/Banks/Gov/War/Civil Rights/Cultures/Art and many other of society's 'created' problems.

I am a free thinker, who is sometimes called cynical, but I like to think of myself as a realist and activist. Things are going to change on this planet for the good. We are soo close i can feel IT!

I do not live at my parents, and have supported myself almost entirely since age 15. I have worked most of my life under the slave identification number, and I am sick of being just a cog in the machine. I do not want any of my labours/monies going to a corrupt piece of shit government, or lining the pockets of any bank, and especially despise war.

I'm at a cross-roads in my life right now... I believe that "The only winning move, is not to play!" (thanks WarGames!) I am going to make 2013 my year. I am going to pursue my passions and joys, and not let anyone hold me back. I think I will either love living the traveling lifestyle or hate it, but either way, It will be a DEADLY AWESOME positive experience!!!!!!

If I wait any longer before I go hopping and living free, I will miss my window of opportunity.

If I don't like it in a year, I can bitch out and come back to working for man, with relatively no consequences. I am pretty fucking sure I'll love it though, and I don't see any coming back! :):):)

Anyways,

Thanks for listening.

Peace and Love!,

Green36

[edited for grammar]

RollingForMiles

Reaction score
Hey green36, i think i could be of some help. email me rollingformiles@gmail.com ....we are located pretty close together and have reliable and relevant info as too what your talking about...

Hey guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself on the forum. I remember running into StP about a year ago when I was reading up on hopping and planning my trip..

I have decided that I will be hopping from Toronto to BC sometime this summer and hope to meet some new people and make some quality new friends. I am thinking it's safer to hitch to Sudbury and then catch out to BC. I have done some alone time in the woods (1 week) and have hitched quite a bit these past few summers, and spent a little time in a couple community squats (oh god!)

I am a 24 year old white male (straight [not that it matters here]) who loves animals and nature, and supports the self-sufficiency movement totally. I am an anarchist, who is educated on a very broad spectrum, ranging from Tax/Banks/Gov/War/Civil Rights/Cultures/Art and many other of society's 'created' problems.

I am a free thinker, who is sometimes called cynical, but I like to think of myself as a realist and activist. Things are going to change on this planet for the good. We are soo close i can feel IT!

I do not live at my parents, and have supported myself almost entirely since age 15. I have worked most of my life under the slave identification number, and I am sick of being just a cog in the machine. I do not want any of my labours/monies going to a corrupt piece of shit government, or lining the pockets of any bank, and especially despise war.

I'm at a cross-roads in my life right now... I believe that "The only winning move, is not to play!" (thanks WarGames!) I am going to make 2013 my year. I am going to pursue my passions and joys, and not let anyone hold me back. I think I will either love living the traveling lifestyle or hate it, but either way, It will be a DEADLY AWESOME positive experience!!!!!!

If I wait any longer before I go hopping and living free, I will miss my window of opportunity.

If I don't like it in a year, I can bitch out and come back to working for man, with relatively no consequences. I am pretty fucking sure I'll love it though, and I don't see any coming back! :):):)

Anyways,

Thanks for listening.

Peace and Love!,

Green36

[edited for grammar]

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I reccomend that you donyt start hopping in Canada but take the weekend GO train to Niagara Falls and go to CSX Fronteir or NS Bison yards in Buffalo NY which parrel each other on Harlem and Broadway or Harlem and Williiam streets. The CN yard is a stub end yard and trains could go eitherway out of Macmillan yard. Canada is too unforgiving a land for back country hopping this time of year. Its preety easy (Ok somewhat easy) to take CSX to Chicago then METRA to BN Cicero or CP(Soo) to Bensinville and work your way west via St.Paul. A good Sleeping bag and foam pad is a must and just because they have rating sof sub zero does not mean that they are sub zero. Plus you have factors of Nutrtion and hydration (NO Alcolhol!!! you will be warm at first fall asleep then YOU WILL DIE of exporesure)

Green36

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and support guys,

I am planning on hopping this summer. I am kinda looking for a travel partner for this trip, but the trip is not dependent on finding one.

I am not brave enough to hop in the winter...... and I also would like to keep my name clear in the USA. I want the option of legally visiting there, if I ever want to, or to visit some of my yankee friends.

Much appreciated!

trainfinder222

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Getting tossed out of the USA is harder then it sounds...first I assume that you are white and not hispanic or muslim. There are candian hoppers that come down here every summer. You need to cross the boarder legaly by walking through and document your checkpoint. Most railroad yards is a warning and then a written ticket. In order to get tossed out you have to do a act of violence and have a order to leave. Summery Offences are not enough to get you deported.. matter of fact we would like you to stay and work off your fines

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads