News & Blogs - Zoo has been trying to mate two male hyenas for four years | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Zoo has been trying to mate two male hyenas for four years

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
DAMN SON! Pour guys!

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-03/...rying-to-mate-two-male-hyenas-for-four-years/

Zoo realises it has been trying to mate two male hyenas for four years
A zoo in Japan has been forced to admit that it tried to mate two male hyenas for four years, after mistakenly thinking that one of them was female.

stream_img.jpg

A stock image of two hyenas. Credit: Reuters
Maruyama Zoo in Sapporo said it had been given the spotted hyenas, Kami and Kamutori, as a "male and female pair" as part of an exchange with a South Korean zoo in 2010.

After the two animals struggled to reproduce, the zoo conducted a gender test under anaesthesia.

The results confimed that Kami, the now five-year-old "female", was actually a male.

A statement from the zoo said "the external genitalia of the male and female are similar", making identification of sex "very difficult".

There are now plans to find an authentic female to breed with either Kami or Kamutori, it added.

Last updated Fri 3 Oct 2014

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hyena one: Dude you got one too...
Hyena two: Yea, fuck bro, what in blazes do you suppose we are to do with them?
(Both space out for a good moment)
Both Heyenae Shout: SWORDFIGHT!!!
::cigar::

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Alright - Dr. Tude set out on a mission - do they have similar looking equipment - answer yes - if the mother is the alpha female and is more aggressive - after she gives birth she may have difficulty in conceiving and that's when, her female parts can protude up to 7" long. So alright I can understand hehe

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Alright - Dr. Tude set out on a mission - do they have similar looking equipment - answer yes - if the mother is the alpha female and is more aggressive - after she gives birth she may have difficulty in conceiving and that's when, her female parts can protude up to 7" long. So alright I can understand hehe

Yea I remember watching or reading somewhere that the female has a pseudo phallus. So not surprised the zoo keepers were confuzzeled. haha... ::drinkingbuddy::

From wiki on that:
Mammals
In mammals, all intact developmentally typical males have a penis, but the clitoris in the females of the following species is sufficiently enlarged that it is usually termed a pseudo-penis: spotted hyena,[1] squirrel monkey,[citation needed] lemur,[2] juvenile fossa[3] and binturong.[4] The enlarged clitoris in the fossa is supported by an os clitoridis, a bone similar to the os penis found in most mammals.[3] However, the fossa's os clitoridis and pseudo-penis shrink as the juvenile female grows, unlike that of other pseudo-penis species.[3] The labia of the spider monkey are elongated and may be similarly confused during display. Elongated labia are also observed in humans.

Spider monkeys.... hehe... used to be a friendly term of endearment among some old military friends. ::borg::

sigh

Our junk is funk... ohhhh yea. Lets celebrate the celestial clitoris.... >.>... awww.... I don't know where that line came from. :rolleyes:

Call it improve. ::woot::
Ahah...

But hell, some thing new? Never heard of a binturong before. Nice... new mammal I did not know of.:)

Looks like a bad ass. We'd get along. ::cigar::
220px-Binturong_in_Overloon.jpg

Attachments

• 220px-Binturong_in_Overloon.jpg
    220px-Binturong_in_Overloon.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 393

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Ahem. I've learned all I want to about a mammals female stuff becoming out of shape and looking most like his. How the hell did that happen hehe!

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads