Yo

A

Altbro

Hey what's up? I figured I should give an introduction since so I don't want to seem like a creepy lurker. My name is greg and I guess I'm your average 20 something-ish malcontent slacker, trying to survive americanism. I'm somewhat new to squatting, I've never done it before or even know anyone who has, but I'm willing to try it. I live in a piece of shit city in northwest Indiana with my co-called "family', this is probably the most depressing city in the US and I really feel like I can't take another day of this. I really don't know where I want to go, I'm thinking about Austin TX, I never been there but I hear it's cool. Portland OR is also a option, but I would rather save some money first before trying to journey there. I guess anywhere that has a anarchist or counter culture presence is good enough for me, warm weather is a plus also because I can't stand the cold. For anyone who's interested I have a little space in my car, I think I would rather have someone with me than travel by myself so message me or something if you want. I'm also open to making friends, I don't really have anyone I can relate to here...so yeah.

plagueship

Reaction score
i hear you about indiana being really terrible! maybe you could check out bloomington first? it's kinda like a smaller version of what you seem to want to seek out in austin and portland.

maybe you could think about what you want to do when you wind up somewhere and do some research into good places to do that. or if you don't know what you want maybe you should just take off in the general direction of places that seem cool and figure it out along the way. sorry if that's way freakin obvious. i like your username, i read hro sometimes... i don't really know why but something about the writing style is slightly hypnotic

A

Altbro

Hey thanks for the advice. I heard that bloomington was cool, but I think I want to leave indiana entirely to avoid the harsh winter...I think I have seasonal affective disorder, it seems like I'm more depressed than I usually am during the winter. I don't mind working as long as I'm living somewhere that I feel comfortable at or around sensible people. I also want to finish getting my BA, I guess some sort of anarchist commune would be ideal. Thanks for the complement yeah I used to read hro, I haven't been on there recently.....

Nick Norris

Reaction score
I am also from Indiana. South central Indiana to be exact. I am wanting to possibly in the not so distant future travel to an unknown destination. All I know is this place is not for me. I have a job currently and I am planning on saving for this adventure. Find me on facebook @ www.facebook.com/justnick88. Lets talk and possibly work this madness out!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads