Yo!

BigJJ

Reaction score
What's up everybody? I've been fighting the travel bug for awhile, but need to get out there and see the world! I'm in St. Paul, MN for now....Going to Roanoake, Va. in a few days, and plan on visiting Boone, NC and Asheville, NC shortly after. I would really like to do some train hopping, but haven't the first clue as to how to do so. Any help or advice would be welcomed. I also wouldn't mind traveling with, or meeting up with the right person. Oh, and I've been known to party like a Rockstar once in awhile, lol!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome!

There's a wealth of knowledge here to peruse through, everything from train hopping, to dumpster diving.

It's absolutely worth the time it will take to dig through all of it.

Best of luck and safe travels!

• Useful
Reactions: BigJJ and Kal

angerisagift

Reaction score
What's up everybody? I've been fighting the travel bug for awhile, but need to get out there and see the world! I'm in St. Paul, MN for now....Going to Roanoake, Va. in a few days, and plan on visiting Boone, NC and Asheville, NC shortly after. I would really like to do some train hopping, but haven't the first clue as to how to do so. Any help or advice would be welcomed. I also wouldn't mind traveling with, or meeting up with the right person. Oh, and I've been known to party like a Rockstar once in awhile, lol!
nice!!!!!!!! y those areas of the country??? family? or just like at area??

Reactions: Kal

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to STP.

Party like a rock star till the day I die... haha... good one.

I would really like to do some train hopping, but haven't the first clue as to how to do so. Any help or advice would be welcomed.

All right man. Yea, for the most part start off with doing some research man. There is a lot of info on this site and the Internet in general if you try look for it.
We encourage new users to read through the train hopping forum for starter to get familiar with the subject.

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/train-safety.21078/

There thats a good place to start the sticky thread on safety.

Reactions: BigJJ and Kal

BigJJ

Reaction score
nice!!!!!!!! y those areas of the country??? family? or just like at area??[/
Welcome!

There's a wealth of knowledge here to peruse through, everything from train hopping, to dumpster diving.

It's absolutely worth the time it will take to dig through all of it.

Best of luck and safe travels!
Thank you very much!!

BigJJ

Reaction score
Welcome to STP.

Party like a rock star till the day I die... haha... good one.

All right man. Yea, for the most part start off with doing some research man. There is a lot of info on this site and the Internet in general if you try look for it.
We encourage new users to read through the train hopping forum for starter to get familiar with the subject.

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/train-safety.21078/

There thats a good place to start the sticky thread on safety.
Thank you much!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads