Working at Yellowstone for a couple months then?? | Squat the Planet

Working at Yellowstone for a couple months then??

LaksaJon

Reaction score
After these next few months of work, idk where I want to go or do tbh, i had made plans to move over seas for about a year but that's not happening

Maybe i will come back to slabs for the winter until next summer's gigs start?

Reactions: SammiePa

SammiePa

Reaction score
Website
www.stephenbartlettwriter.com
After these next few months of work, idk where I want to go or do tbh, i had made plans to move over seas for about a year but that's not happening

That sucks about not being able to move overseas. I hope everything works out for you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
are you working for xanterra or DNC? I did a summer in the warehouse for DNC and overall it was pretty rad. West Yellowstone is a nice (and VERY small) town, but i still managed to meet some good folks there and had a crew of friends by the end of the summer.

if i had to do it again though, i'd wait till end of june/early july and head over and get a job in town NOT working for the park, mostly because there's TONS of jobs in that little town for the summer and not enough people, so most of the jobs pay a lot more than the park does.

makes for a good backup plan too, in case you work for xanterra and absolutely hate it.

• Useful
Reactions: MFB

LaksaJon

Reaction score
are you working for xanterra or DNC? I did a summer in the warehouse for DNC and overall it was pretty rad. West Yellowstone is a nice (and VERY small) town, but i still managed to meet some good folks there and had a crew of friends by the end of the summer.

if i had to do it again though, i'd wait till end of june/early july and head over and get a job in town NOT working for the park, mostly because there's TONS of jobs in that little town for the summer and not enough people, so most of the jobs pay a lot more than the park does.

makes for a good backup plan too, in case you work for xanterra and absolutely hate it.

Hey Matt, yeah I'm working with Xanterra this seasons been stupid insane due to covid, I'm up at Mammoth Hot Springs location I did just hear working for Delaware North is far better than Xanterra though

And maybe that's what I will Do next season we will see my pay Is but room and board costs more than DNC

MFB

Reaction score
@LaksaJon , I'm presently down at Lake, himmee up if you need some weed or blow! Just wear you mask please. ;)

Dr Mountain Dew

Reaction score

I recently became homeless. I've been looking at moving to the slabs. Do you have an RV or a car?

LaksaJon

Reaction score
I recently became homeless. I've been looking at moving to the slabs. Do you have an RV or a car?

Let me start by saying I am sorry you are displaced, if you are looking for work that provides housing i can help check out coolworks.com or check out your local catholic worker or call 611

Slabs def not this time of year with these conditions is not a place for a newbie privet message me give me more info and I will def do what I can to help orgainze a plan with you

Dr Mountain Dew

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am sorry you are displaced, if you are looking for work that provides housing i can help check out coolworks.com or check out your local catholic worker or call 611

Slabs def not this time of year with these conditions is not a place for a newbie privet message me give me more info and I will def do what I can to help orgainze a plan with you
Hey Thx for the support. I actually applied to a lot of jobs on coolworks.com already, its an awesome site. Now Im just playing the waiting game to hear back from one of them. Another good site is GuestServices.com Yeah the summer would be brutal in Slab City. Im in a single cab truck so I would definitely upgrade to an RV if possible.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Matt, yeah I'm working with Xanterra this seasons been stupid insane due to covid, I'm up at Mammoth Hot Springs location I did just hear working for Delaware North is far better than Xanterra though

And maybe that's what I will Do next season we will see my pay Is but room and board costs more than DNC

cool, yeah man just keep in mind if you hate xanterra you have other options (tshirt shops, waiting tables, other tourist sales jobs, etc) in west yellowstone if you need it.

• Useful
Reactions: Dmac

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads