News & Blogs Woman in Black - walks the roads and highways of the U.S.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Kinda interesting - wonder what her purpose is or merely existing off the grid.

black.jpg

The woman in black” is her name on the internet, although no one is certain about her identity or for what purpose she is walking the roads and highways of the United States. Does she have an unearthly purpose or is her identity a little bit more mundane?

In a related report by The Inquisitr, police were scratching their heads at the Brooklyn bridge’s white flags, but the surveillance video may have given a hint to the culprits.

The Appalachian mountains are filled with stories of ghosts and other tall tales, but now the woman in black is creating a modern myth just by walking around. She has been spotted at strip malls or on the side of the highways while in Tennessee and Virginia, although it’s possible her wandering has taken her further. Whenever people stop and ask if she needs any help she refuses, and perhaps because of this behavior, the mystery has only deepened over the months.
black1.jpg

The reason she has become an urban legend is because some people on social media have referenced Hebrews 13:2 from the Bible when discussing the woman in black. That verse reads: “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.”

The woman in black has fed the myth by once telling reporters she was from an Islamic nation and that she once worked for the Pentagon. She has also mentioned being on a “Bible mission” so some believe she’s going about doing missionary work since she was seen in a YouTube video arguing with a man about religion in a parking lot. But others speculate that she is mentally ill or simply enjoying giving a good laugh by giving such confusing answers to any questions about her identity.

The only thing that people know for certain about the woman in black is that she’s slowing working her way down south. At one point, she was also stopped by sheriff’s deputies in Sullivan County, who had responded to reports about a suspicious looking person in the area.

According to police reports, the woman in black is named Elizabeth Poles and she hails from Motts, Alabama. Of course, the story about her being from an Islamic nation came from police reports when cops stopped her in another area, so it’s hard to be certain of the real truth.

[Update] Our readers have spotted the woman in black in Ohio, so apparently reports of her heading in a southerly direction over the long term were incorrect.
black2.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/1370648/th...r-from-an-islamic-nation/#VjwrBzQCAcA2TVEO.99

K

Kim Chee

Kind of reminds me of a lady I saw dressed head to toe in the same color, with no gear that I could see at about 11,000' in the mountains in SoCal. Walked right past her as she stood alone along the trail, nobody saying a word. Gf and I thought the encounter was slighly bizarre.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reminds me of one time I was in a car with some friends and a naked guy was jogging down the road. I thought it was just me since I was coming down off some acid but everyone else in the car confirmed what I was seeing...

Reactions: Suiko Fresa

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

hobotrucker

Reaction score
merged your thread with this one that was already existing. also, it's generally preferred to copy and paste the whole article into your post.
Hey Matt! Thanks for the note. I probably should have read more before posting the news article. Nevertheless, Love your site!! I know I will be here often. Will try donating soon once I'm back on my feet and trucking as things require money and a site like this should stay up and running. I remember using digihitch years ago and it seemed to have went downhill when the owner died. Thanks! Cheers!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads