Question Why is StP dominated by USA citizens?

borek921

Reaction score
Hi there bautiful people. I'm new here and I can't help but notice that this forum (despise it being very open to just about anybody) is almost exclusively populated by US folks. Why is that? Why is it is that like 95% of flags here are American on people's profile pictures? Does the rest of the world not want to travel as much in a nomadic way because of language barriers? The way I see it, most of you hang around USA anyway, so you can talk to everybody, in every state. Rarely I see people talking about South America or Europe. Borders are not that big of an issue at least in the European Union, so it should be nearly as easy for us to move around in it as it is for you when crossing the state borders.

Any idea why it is like that? I doesn't seem like this website was marketed in any way anywhere, so I guess that's not an issue here. I just can't come up with a solid reason.

Reactions: maxiyou

Otter

Stateless Wanderer
Reaction score
Hi there bautiful people. I'm new here and I can't help but notice that this forum (despise it being very open to just about anybody) is almost exclusively populated by US folks. Why is that? Why is it is that like 95% of flags here are American on people's profile pictures? Does the rest of the world not want to travel as much in a nomadic way because of language barriers? The way I see it, most of you hang around USA anyway, so you can talk to everybody, in every state. Rarely I see people talking about South America or Europe. Borders are not that big of an issue at least in the European Union, so it should be nearly as easy for us to move around in it as it is for you when crossing the state borders.

Any idea why it is like that? I doesn't seem like this website was marketed in any way anywhere, so I guess that's not an issue here. I just can't come up with a solid reason.

I suspect that most folks find out about this site through word of mouth.

If you want more friends in your area to know about the site, you will have to let them know about it.

Otter

Stateless Wanderer
Reaction score

Matt has been talking about heading over to Europe. I have a feeling that the site will be becoming more euro-centric as time goes on.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads