Why I'm NOT an Occupier

Kamera

Reaction score
like what?
well i mean the camp as a whole has "consensus" on alot of things that the people within the camp dont actually believe. i consensed to not drink or smoke weed at the camp but i did it everyday. they also agree'd that they're non violent but people still have chucked rocks and other shit at cops. im not calling anyone a liar its just alot easier to agree to something when a few hundred people have been bickering in the cold about it for hours then when shit actually goes down ya know

Ash Ketchum

Reaction score
I think the Occupiers are using the homeless for their own political gain and they are going to screw us all in the end. ohh and unlike all the occupy websites and facebook groups I WILL NOT delete your post or ban you for disagreeing with my point of view. I encourage argumentative discussion.

I understand how you could get this idea. Maybe I'm not one of the specific kinds of occupiers you speak of, but I personally don't want any political gain for myself. I was at Occupy Wall Street since basically the beginning and all I ever really wanted was the government to stop treating its citizens and people in other countries like objects just to have power. I want the same things for you as I want for myself. I think its super fucked up that they did nothing to try and defend you and your things. If they really were trying to defend the "99%" people who keep all their possessions in shopping carts share a big role in that. So I'm sorry that people at Occupy treated you like that.

I would like to say from what I gathered the term "Occupy" is supposed to be mocking the fact that we are occupying Afghanistan and such. It is not supposed to be the same as squatting although it literally is.

To me the purpose of Occupy was to bring the community together to discuss what should be done about the country and the worlds growing problems. It was supposed to be a place where any person could go and they would be heard. As someone who has been to multiple occupations I'm very sorry they treated you not as an equal.Its not what I thought it was going to be... huge disappointment.

JoelRailDude

Reaction score
Yeah, about the GA's and such, i think is everyone's fault. some want to see action, but the "pacifist-peaceful" BS gets in the way, they loose interest, So other people with EGO and GREED take over the GA's to feel in control, other stupid morons follow, but without everyone's interest, the dont follow up. the one's with EGO dont care anyways and go home.

Violence: I told someone this:
"when you see this sign, it means I'm an occupier, I'm peaceful. When you see this Fist , I'm not occupier anymore."

I seriusly think that without leadership, or common 100% set goal, Occupy aint gona do shit accomplish nothing. I think a underground group will form out of it, they will do change. Every hippie pacifist @ occupy will just bitch and wine.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads