Hey it's me, the funny papaya man

Reaction score
Hey, I was born in Hawaii and have never seen a train before. Come September though I am going to go to get a plane ticket to the mainland and hitchike/hop trains with this haole boy. All we really have planned is going to Olympia, WA for his brother's baby to be born and then I want to see some shows (I've never been to a concert before). After that who knows what will happen.

Reactions: Preacher and Odin

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Ho brah! where in hawaii you stay? make sure you pack more than slippers fo hop trains! :D

Reactions: Odin

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE"ThePapayaBandit, post: 169973, member: 12339"]Ho bruddah I stay Kailua Kona on da big island[/QUOTE]
Nice. Its been several years since I was there. used to camp out at the old airstrip on the beach north of town. I remember playing music for tips on ali'i drive with this cool local-mix guy with dreads I met who played ukulele. I forget his name now.

Reaction score
I wish I could just know who you are talking about but I haven't really seen any musicians on Alii lately. Last one I saw was this guy, Stinky Pete who came to the island just for fun. Now it seems everyone on Alii makes hats or baskets.

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Theres always that one dude across from Uncle Billies hotel that plays like 3 instruments at one time...he's been there for like 10 years.

As for trainhopping, has your friend ever done it before?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No he hasn't. The trainhopping actually is something that while we know we want to do we aren't going to be stubborn about that being the way we go. It will mostly be hitchiking and we won't hop a train until we feel the opportunity properly comes to us.

Reactions: Odin
K

Kim Chee

After you get mainland fever, you're going to try to swim back if you see the ocean.

Stay inland, I've seen 3 Hawaiian bruddahs die like that.

Be safe.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice choice in art aravatar @ThePapayaBandit featured right here in my home town of cHicago. :D

Good luck in your journey.

I hope to visit the Hawaiian Islands soon.

Reactions: ThePapayaBandit

pir8 qu33n

Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
When the time comes to go on a train, start asking around carefully for the schedule, what kind of trains are running and to where, and look to see if there's anyone that's experienced that can give you a heads up. Most people will give good advice, one or two may go with you if you truly have that spark and want to learn and can keep up. Start looking about 3 days before you want to hop, as many hoppers will be doing the last gear upa daddy or so in advance.
Safe travels, brother!

• Useful
Reactions: ThePapayaBandit

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you have one enjoyable flight to the mainland!
A little island humor for those who haven't heard of one of Hawaii's most fondly remembered comedians: Rap Replinger:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads