What are some creative fun, free date ideas? for a homeless couple.

Reaction score
Hello there!

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be posting this, I understand if removed.

Me and my boyfriend of almost one year are looking for free/cheap "date ideas" to do while homeless, I recently got into a rooming place, but not allowed any visitors, he's currently homeless.
We are looking for things to do that cost 0$ bucks, that are fun and don't involve drinking & drugs. Any creative ideas would be appreciated? thanks. Sky's the limit!

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
Hello there!

Me and my boyfriend of almost one year are looking for free/cheap "date ideas" to do while homeless, I recently got into a rooming place, but not allowed any visitors, he's currently homeless.
We are looking for things to do that cost 0$ bucks, that are fun and don't involve drinking & drugs. Any creative ideas would be appreciated? thanks. Sky's the limit!

Going to museums together on the free days is a good one. Often nonprofits and campuses have free concerts and other cultural events too. . .

Often a reason you'll find a different type of outdoor dweller clustered near college campuses.

You can also volunteer together for various things. Race support, cleanups. . .

Community musical and dance events can be free too. Join a choir together maybe.

Native plant restoration is another good one. Or just gardening maybe at a community plot. Or guerilla gardening!!

And if you're not already sick of living outside Backcountry camping trips can be pretty much free.

You could also organize gatherings and events around your own interests.

Years ago I organized a primitive / origin skills gathering with someone met from a local permaculture list: Details about the March 22-23 primitive skills gathering near Fallbrook - http://sdprim.blogspot.com/2008/03/details-about-march-22-23-primitive.html?m=1

And the connections made from that have been life changing (I'm staying with one of the participants in Abu Dhabi right now! (Using a VPN node in Israel))

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Voidcreep

Joey Garbanzo

Muscle of the DiPinto Crime Family
Reaction score
My lady and I love going and finding new trails and hiking to see waterfalls and other naturally occuring landmarks or historical spots. Street festivals are usually free, pwyc punk shows, or just walking around looking at archetecture and neat buildings.

Edit: I've been thinking about finding a few books on edible plants and foraging. I think it would be a great idea for a date and you can cook up what you find.

Last edited:

ohmegatron

Rocket surgeon, MD
Reaction score
Hello there!

Are you Albertan? Check out #YEGBikeParty. It's a massive party that meets in a public place, rides through bike lanes and parks, and just generally has fun riding around. The only rules are: be respectful, no glass bottles, and you have to have a bell and a light on your bike.

Otter

Stateless Wanderer
Reaction score
Hello there!

What part of AB?

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
Public libraries frequently have free events that can be pretty cool. They sometimes also have notices posted for other community programs that are free or maybe accept volunteers.

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Going to a park and drawing/painting--bring snacks

Sometimes my previous partner and I would go look for graffiti and take pics

If have bikes (rent one if is workable $) go on a bike ride is supa fun and a good way to explore city in new way if in a city. We also took bikes on train (city train) to get us further/new places of city if near one

These few ideas if manageable/make sense you all/where you at

Maybes the bike thing would be for later/not now

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads