Website Updates Website was restored from backup made last Sunday

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, I had an issue with the website hosting yesterday. The short version is that I was testing something and needed to roll back to a backup I made earlier that day, but the backup was screwed up and wouldn't serve up the website properly. I ended up having to roll back to another backup I'd made last Sunday. So unfortunately, any posts made between Sunday and today (Thursday) were lost.

While it wasn't a huge deal to get things put back together, I did have to restore from a personal backup (and rebuild the server from scratch), which kind of defeats the purpose of paying for server-side backups, especially if they're going to be fucked up and not work. I'm considering other website hosting options at this point because this isn't the first time I've had this issue with Linode. If you're a techie person that has web hosting suggestions, please let me know by replying to this thread.

ali

Reaction score
I haven't had any experience with VPS style setups for a decade or more and back then I used Linode, but I've heard good things about KnownHost recently.

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads