Water bottle

Ray Ray

Reaction score
I been traveling since before time long time. I started in 80s . I seen lot stuff man the world changed . But I just. Wonder lot to myself . One thing ever where I go I see people all kinds people carrying water bottles . Nice fancy shinny . Wonder where they fill them .I just have old Gatorade bottle myself I fill whatever tap I find I'm just wandering those expensive bottles.

Reactions: Vmonkman

Scruffy390

Reaction score
I prefer carrying 2 smart water bottles and mark 1 dirty and the other clean and use a sawyer mini squeeze water filter. Use the dirty bottle to collect water from a stream, lake or where ever you can find water and filter into the clean bottle or you can attach your filter to the dirty water bottle and drink straight from the filter. The threads on the smart water bottle are the same as the Sawyer filter, if you choose to filter the dirty water to the clean bottle you will need to attach loosely to the clean bottle so it can get air

Reactions: Ray Ray

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
I use a Brita water bottle with a filter, since I travel through cities and towns. I count on having relatively clean water that it certainly wouldn't hurt to run through an extra filter. Not all city water is created equal.

Reactions: Ray Ray and croc

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Classic high quality cranberry juice bottle (1 gallon) with a handle, and a 1L Nalgene with duct tape wrapped around it, for me.

I would go with just 2 2L Nalgenes, but I haven't got around to it yet. I like the disposable 1 gallon jug, because they get destroyed getting on/off trains.

Reactions: Ray Ray

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i carry a camel pack when im out theyre a little heavy but its worth not running outta water

For anyone who does choose to carry a bladder instead of a bottle (they do have many advantages over a bottle) check out the MSR Dromedary . I cannot recommend these enough. They are llined on the outside with a protective nylon canvas, and are really beefy...for a water bladder. They have grommets on the canvas, too, with small webbing through them to create a handle/staps on all sides. The opening is the same size as a Nalgene lid, so you can use things like Sawyer water filters/hoses/hydration systems with them. I used them for years.

I would be curious if they can stand up to being on trains. Going to try one out here one of these days

s1xgerq8nol11.jpg

Reactions: Tony G

Rideslow

Reaction score
I prefer carrying 2 smart water bottles and mark 1 dirty and the other clean and use a sawyer mini squeeze water filter. Use the dirty bottle to collect water from a stream, lake or where ever you can find water and filter into the clean bottle or you can attach your filter to the dirty water bottle and drink straight from the filter. The threads on the smart water bottle are the same as the Sawyer filter, if you choose to filter the dirty water to the clean bottle you will need to attach loosely to the clean bottle so it can get air

Thanks for the tip man

Reactions: Scruffy390

CilanceIsKrayziee

Reaction score
I been traveling since before time long time. I started in 80s . I seen lot stuff man the world changed . But I just. Wonder lot to myself . One thing ever where I go I see people all kinds people carrying water bottles . Nice fancy shinny . Wonder where they fill them .I just have old Gatorade bottle myself I fill whatever tap I find I'm just wandering those expensive bottles.

Same. I'll refill any bottle I use it purchase myself before I'll ever pay 68.99$ for one cuz it's heavier and shiny.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads