Wanna get out of Chicago

matteo77766

Reaction score
Hello. Just to make things clear, I have never done anything like the things which are mentioned on this website, but it is kind of my lifes ambition and I don't feel that I can be happy any other way. It is my dream to hop trains and squat around the country, but I realize that it isn't as easy as all of that. I am not fully prepared to leave, I am in highschool (a senior) and have decided to finish this year if it kills me, and am also not sure about immediate plans when I'm done, but I hope to do these things relatively soon. If anyone could give me info on possible destinations, where to hop out from chicago, train hopping tips, or anything else that could be helpful, please write me back. Thank you all

I

IBRRHOBO

problem w/Chicago is that you have a MASSIVE interrail xchange --- whether they're shifting from 64th to Joliet; Cicero to 119 or whatever. What I used to do is metro it up to Elgin and catch a local to Rockford (they have a pretty good winter PADS system for catching a meal, shower etc) or catch out at the interlock at about 167th for my southbound. Good hunting.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
[ wrong section. moved to hitchhiking forum ]

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads