Waiting for Spring, then what | Squat the Planet

Waiting for Spring, then what

Name Changed

Reaction score
Hello. I read often but don't usually post here. I had a whole big write up but I guess it was too big or something. It never showed up. I am bummed because I said a bit about me and my current story. Without all the nice details and descriptions I am gonna just tell it. I was a traveling home bum in my 30s n early 40s (i am late 40s now. I am from Pittsburgh but travels took me out west. I traveled around a little. I traveled back n forth between coasts. Came back to visit my kids n shit. I spent well over 1000 nights under the California sky and western skies. Then I hooked up with a Veterans group in San Francisco and they helped me get my SSDI. I decided to take my backpay and buy a house. Couldn't afford out West so I bought a house in the South Hills suburbs of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. And covid hit and ruined my plans. So I got this 3 bedroom house on an acre in a little out of the way spot. I don't have neighbors and people can't see alot so semi private. The property has its issues but I have it fixed up nice and it's a work in progress. I have beds and nice furniture, big TV . Besides it is super cheap, at this point it doesn't cost me a a penny. .....Okay here we are the point of all this.... if any people needs a stay indoors long or short I am here in Pittsburgh Reach out. I would like to travel but really don't wanna shut my house up, would rather have someone here or traveling with me. I am just depressed and lonely here. I have a roommate ad on Craigslist but it's not going well. Bunch of idiots replying so far. From my house besides miles of local trails I can walk to Cumberland Maryland on the Great Allegheny Passage and then the C&O Canal to Washington DC or the Appalachian Trail. Or just walk or bike the East Coast. Its all legal weed in the North East . Can even hitch or hook up with Amtrak or Commercial bus. All I know is I am getting real itchy to travel It's been over a year. I had such a better write up before. If anyone wants to connect just reach out and say hey. I am open to travel North East South or West.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads