turned 18 turned homless

Dmac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Most of your questions can be answered by using the search feature.

Reactions: Shaggy Rogers

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
hey guys im new to homlessness and met this dude at the atl bus station he told me to come to this site any tips on traveling and living on the streets or train hopping

🤜 There's also some rad reddit groups too, to r/vagabond and hitching if that's interesting to you. Other traveling communities ^-^

If wanna get some housing or work or gig (stability) seasonal work helps with that stuff.

There's some cool sites that offer gigs if wanna work outside. Like ski lodges in shit. I done hiking trail crew ( some ideas).

Cool works is one these check out.

Join us on discord too if feel wanna connect <3

Happeeness to you <3

helyah

Reaction score
The comments above offer some great advice, but I'd just like to add that as a fellow Floridian, if there's any way I can help you, feel free to ask.
My other advice would be to stay in the south while it's still winter.
The hardest part(imo) is starting out, so again, let me know if there's something I can do for you.

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
🤜 There's also some rad reddit groups too, to r/vagabond and hitching if that's interesting to you. Other traveling communities ^-^

If wanna get some housing or work or gig (stability) seasonal work helps with that stuff.

There's some cool sites that offer gigs if wanna work outside. Like ski lodges in shit. I done hiking trail crew ( some ideas).

Cool works is one these check out.

Join us on discord too if feel wanna connect <3

Happeeness to you <3

The comments above offer some great advice, but I'd just like to add that as a fellow Floridian, if there's any way I can help you, feel free to ask.
My other advice would be to stay in the south while it's still winter.
The hardest part(imo) is starting out, so again, let me know if there's something I can do for you.

U in FL too or out n about? ^-^

Currnently in SWFL

mrose

Reaction score
Hey man, hope you are safe out there where your at. I think it’s a blessing that guy gave you this site to connect with.

Always listen to your gut. It holds the wisdom to keep you safe. follow your intuition.
Like helyah said if there’s anything you need help with just ask. I’ll try and help anyway I can
Be safe <3

Reactions: Lost word

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
It can all be overwhelming at first. Train hopping might not be the most practical thing to start with. If you can live comfortably where you are at, learning how to urban camp in a familar place has its advantages. Good luck and above all stay safe!

ClassAClassy

Reaction score
hey guys im new to homlessness and met this dude at the atl bus station he told me to come to this site any tips on traveling and living on the streets or train hopping

Squatting in Florida now at a friend's place. We see a lot of squatters in the woods surrounding the area we're staying, a few old campers, a lot of tents, and a nice warm fire every night. They are virtually hidden from the street. The only time we saw the cops bother them is when one of their group tried to break into a neighboring business. But we've been warned ... on the other side of the street are the dangerous folks.

After watching our friends in the woods, we noticed that they keep a low profile, some leave early on bikes and come back with stuff, and others keep the neighboring businesses safe (even do odd jobs for them). Happily, for the most part, the non-vagabonds (people with addresses) in the area seem to have an attitude of "live and let live."

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads