Travel Joournals

C

Crazycoon

Sometimes I try but then get those days where I just want to throw my backpack and shoes off a bridge, and the pages of journal go up in smoke...

M

Mouse

I keep journals weather I'm traveling or not.

mostly because I like to write poetry and strange things like that.

and I keep track of instructions on hopping out of cretain yards, lists of cities I've spent more than 2 nights in, and drawings of events that happened to be worht remembering.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
I think I'd go crazy(er) if I didn't bring my pad. The road is too great. no memory is up to the task, although to be honest, no page is either. But it helps. It's someone to talk to, and you don't have to do it outloud and deal with all the sheeple staring at the 'wacko homeless axe murderer'.

P

Plague

i write about what happened the last few days i just scribble shit down so i can remeber it later and i draw little pictures of wierd things

D

dirty_feet

Yeah I have everything in mine. Newspaper clippings, stories, quick notes on trying to remember to write a story. drawings, address, phone numbers, places and people. I haven't looked back through it since I left...I don't like looking back on my own horrible naiveness, but it really saved me sometimes to have one.

A

AtticOfThought

Bendixontherails wrote:
I think I'd go crazy(er) if I didn't bring my pad. The road is too great. no memory is up to the task, although to be honest, no page is either. But it helps. It's someone to talk to, and you don't have to do it outloud and deal with all the sheeple staring at the 'wacko homeless axe murderer'.

I agree with this shit alot. I LOVE keeping my memorys, I kinda hope my great grand kids or something will read it, and be excited to realize what a fucking crazy grandma they had, and maybe travel too. But also i Like to write my feelings, because, I hate talking to people about them. I keep my shit to my self....
sorry if this is a bit jumbled....i'm alittle druunkk

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I've kept journals even before traveling, because I have realized that I have an extremely short term memory. I mainly started keeping them because I learned writing things down helps me embed it in my mind.

While traveling, I have found it more difficult to find the time to write. The most writing I ever get done seems to be when I am not having a very exciting time.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads