To all my fellow evolutionary fighters | Squat the Planet

To all my fellow evolutionary fighters

A

A New Name

There is this anthropological study and movement based on the examination of the good vs evil conflict, with practical results, which needs to be shared:
www.humancondition.com
In here you will find a summary and full length book (both of which can be downloaded for free and without registration) on this most urgent subject, our evolution. I deeply urge everyone to read it, if not for personal enlightening, then as a practical tool to be shared in the fight against our confusion.
I'm sorry I've only remembered to share this a year on after joining StP. Here's to your effort having wider repercussions Jeremy.
And thank you @AnOldHope for that (not) satyrical warning/advice post, which made me remember once again the urgency of the situation.

kecleon

Reaction score
I started to read this out of curiosity but it starts to get loopy pretty fast. The guys mega egotistical from the start despite it saying on the site to move past egotistical behavior and starts the book by saying people who don't agree are deaf to it and it's too much/difficult for them to take in or understand. Sounds like weird cult religious shit. Where they'll all get together and talk about how the resigned minds just don't get them and how great the supreme leader is.

"Resigned minds are so trained to avoid thinking about the human condition that when they start reading
my work they suffer from a ‘deaf effect’ where their minds initially find it very difficult
taking in or ‘hearing’ what’s being said, to the extent that they even end up thinking
their incomprehension must be due to poor expression, or that the treatise is too dense to
understand or even completely meaningless! "

I mean Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: TheWindAndRain
A

A New Name

To the people who are reading/have read this, I would like to hear your input on this and maybe start a discussion about the subject.
So, to those who have read past chapter 1, is there anything on your mind about this that you'd like to share?

A

AnOldHope

To the people who are reading/have read this, I would like to hear your input on this and maybe start a discussion about the subject.
So, to those who have read past chapter 1, is there anything on your mind about this that you'd like to share?

The website landing page is, in my opinion, counter-productive for the intent, as it comes off as a lot of hyperbole and intense insistence, well before fleshing out the general premise. I'm always very wary of a "this is the one book that could save humanity" phrasings.

That said, the actual work has some grounding in what I believe are important dynamics in primatology, and the overall idea is sound.

Unfortunately, I think the packaging the proponents have chosen comes off too much like scientology + precious metals sales.

I do think the principles the laid out in the book have some merit, but their application may have to wait until after the shock disruption the authors describe. I think that, from the view of their model of human development, our present behavior and the eclipsing of our philosophical development by our technological development my cause us not to survive our adolescence.

A

A New Name

I very much agree as to the aspect of sensationalism, and I can see why charmander has that opinion. I had it myself, but then I tought about the what if, for one , it is right to show such enthusiasm. Ultimately I foumd it did.
Unfortunately a good part of me thinks as you do, that it may be too late, and that we may be too sceptical to accept something that may be of great use and doom ourselves to fail in our adolescence. Still, I also believe, for practical reasons, that hope should be the last to die.

A

AnOldHope

I very much agree as to the aspect of sensationalism, and I can see why charmander has that opinion. I had it myself, but then I tought about the what if, for one , it is right to show such enthusiasm. Ultimately I foumd it did.
Unfortunately a good part of me thinks as you do, that it may be too late, and that we may be too sceptical to accept something that may be of great use and doom ourselves to fail in our adolescence. Still, I also believe, for practical reasons, that hope should be the last to die.

I don't know if this is true or not, but if any particular context of expression emerges from a great many superpositions, then it would seem that even very improbable outcomes are out there. It might be interesting if all self-awareness extruded from some common mind or community of minds, and the outcomes where we survive are being flowed into, as the outcomes without self-aware survivors have no need to exist in any discrete or observable way, as there are no observers.

We'll all come to the party, and everyone will be the president.

A

A New Name

I don't know if this is true or not, but if any particular context of expression emerges from a great many superpositions, then it would seem that even very improbable outcomes are out there. It might be interesting if all self-awareness extruded from some common mind or community of minds, and the outcomes where we survive are being flowed into, as the outcomes without self-aware survivors have no need to exist in any discrete or observable way, as there are no observers.

We'll all come to the party, and everyone will be the president.
Could you rephrase that without losing the meaning? I don't think I was fully able to grasp what you meant.

A

AnOldHope

Could you rephrase that without losing the meaning? I don't think I was fully able to grasp what you meant.

Sometimes a particular outcome or manifestation is only so because it is observed, otherwise it lives and breathes as an uncollapsed probability wave, both and neither and everything and nothing.

Self aware beings observe things in a way that other things do not, and so those expressions of existence that achieve discrete "reality" require minds to pay attention to them.

But if all our minds are extrusions into this constrained perspective of experience, emanations of an endless source colocative in the center of all our souls, then those potential realities in which we continue are gifted with a degree of reality, and as the possibilities branch out, those with self awareness begin to saturate the continuum, and we merge together.

Then we play "Bomberman" on a Nintendo NES somebody found in a closet.

A

A New Name

You're assuming that the behaviour of particles which changes depending on observation has any basis in objective reality, if there is such a thing, and aren't just the result of us trying to interpret something uninterpretable, no?
Still, like before, the meaning of your final statement eludes me.

A

AnOldHope

You're assuming that the behaviour of particles which changes depending on observation has any basis in objective reality, if there is such a thing, and aren't just the result of us trying to interpret something uninterpretable, no?
Still, like before, the meaning of your final statement eludes me.

There's no assumption, the math and data shows that at quantum scales, the discrete measureable ("objective") reality is effected by the act of being observed ("subjective"). The false dichotomy of objective/subjective reality makes things easier, because its hard to imagine that part of what makes our experience what it is is the mere fact that we're experiencing.

Moreover, since that "interpretation" can be shown to effect the outcome, it has expressed itself, whether any given third party abstract "interpretation" is or is not sound.

Reality, as you see it, has no need to bother being there if you aren't there as an audience, and it reverts back into a wave of possibilities, a superposition state. This is just the math.

So, for those contexts of existence that to be "real" in the way we think of them, "we" need to be there.

And as the tree of possibilities explodes and prunes itself, grows back into itself and twists, as some branches blacken and char, others spread out. That we are still here to talk about it means our branch is not dead.

In fact it is about to radically change.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads