time to go, aka gotta get outta here.

zoal

Reaction score
Hey, brand new to all this.
I'm a 26 year old male originally from Albany, NY. I'm a chronic dropout, both life and school. I've struggled with major drug addiction and depression for nearly my entire life. I'd always wanted to go traveling and now through a culmination of my actions past and present, feel like now would be the time. Currently, I've been staying around Detroit-metro area. I'm hoping to get down to Florida, or San Fran, wherever for the winter. So, hey! What's up?

Last edited:

scummy1990

Reaction score
hitchin is easy man just literally stick ur thumb out some cities are better than others im not too sure about Detroit... but for hopping I would suggest an experienced person to guide u for a few eeks or so if u can find one yea I don't blame u I cant blame u being in Detroit for the upcoming winter fuck that noise lol

Reactions: Anagor

zoal

Reaction score
Haha yeah man. I wanted to learn hoppin and shiz, but now I'm a little under the gun tryin to get outta Detroit before real winter hits. Have to figure that out in a warmer climate if/when I meet up with some other kids.

scummy1990

Reaction score
if I was u id head to west Virginia and then go down from there I know people there to get u a place to stay for a few days and then u can starting heading south

scummy1990

Reaction score
in McDowell county I mean its in the middle of nowhere poor ass town but I know people who bought houses for dirt cheap cuz the economy is horseshit but surprisingly the locals are cool as hell....dj from latfo bought a house there also he could hook u up if u messaged him on spots and such and if u go into Virginia ive had good luck meeting a lot of travelers in Richmond but im not sure.... this time of year everyone pretty much already headed west or south

zoal

Reaction score
Dammit, I accidentally send a report with my reply instead of the reply.. Oops.
So, yeah. I'll see about gettin to McDowell. Might be easier than all the way out to PBC, FL right off the get. Yeah, haha, things got cold on the east real quick already. I honestly thought I had more time, but whatev.

Cotton Kittyhawk

Reaction score
try your damnedest to avoid junkies if you're wantin to stay away from hard shit. same boat, but i have no desire to start shootin up or hittin the rock again. lest that's part of why you're doin it. in that case, i probably won't see much of you. otherwise, best of luck man! learn as much as you can from the people you meet and fucking live!

couchissatan

Reaction score
  • im originally from the albany area also and the region just yeilds that stuff and so does florida(lived there too). if you are looking for new doors to open and brighter days everyday northern california is the place to go im in the same boat and its a super possitve environment all the time, anywhere from SF up!::cat::

zoal

Reaction score
Yeah! I hate being more keyed up than I already am haha! NY and FL are real bad on it.. I've wanted to go out to SF forever, I got friends out there and FL. That's why I figured id head that way! Nice to meet a fellow 518'r! I'm from adk's really.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads