The Expanding Travel Pack

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello all. I found a fairly interesting bag on a pretty steep discount. I don't know a lot about this company but for the price I figured I would try it out for an upcoming trip.

I do hate buying things but ive been looking for a large backpack that was fairly low profile for folding bike touring. This one might fit the bill for me. I could find almost no information on it so I made a video and figured I would post it here for anyone shopping for a new backpack.

Reactions: MetalBryan

MetalBryan

Reaction score
If you get this one and ride around with it loaded to 70L, please give us a report. That sounds like it might be problematic (heavy & not aerodynamic) but I've only loaded up once this heavy when moving stuff across town and it was not a fun 10 miles.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you get this one and ride around with it loaded to 70L, please give us a report. That sounds like it might be problematic (heavy & not aerodynamic) but I've only loaded up once this heavy when moving stuff across town and it was not a fun 10 miles.

My first post wasn't very clear. When traveling with a folding bike you can affix a large bag like this to the underside of the saddle and to the top of the rack as seen below (picture not mine) The idea with this bag is that I can pack small, heavy or fradgel items in it. Using it as a carry on for bus, plane or train trips. My bike can fold down into a standard size checked luggage bag or box with some space for a tent and sleeping bag. So I can pack a whole long distance bike tour into two fairly small bags. Hop onto a flight. Unpack the bike and repack this bag with the tent and sleeping bag. The backpack then attaches the back of the bike and I can ride away from the station or airport. If on my trip I need to jump from one town to another I just pack it all up and get on a bus or train. It's sort of a hybrid between one bag travel and bike touring. Hopefully with the money saving aspects of both.

Attachments

• backpackonabike .jpg
    backpackonabike .jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: MetalBryan

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads