The Dirty Chronicles Blog

VickyFresh

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just want to tell you all about a new blog which I've started. It is basically the life story of my friend, Dirty Mark, who passed away a couple of years ago. Mark was a Train hopping, squeegeeing nomad who wrote down all his stories during a stint in jail. I met him in St John's, Newfoundland after I hitchhiked there from BC about 6 years ago. He let me and 2 of my friends crash on his floor for a few weeks. He gave me his book, The Dirty Chronicles before I left town. He had always hoped to get it published, but sadly he passed away before he could do that. I've decided to release it slowly in blog format, with a new chapter coming out every week. Here is the intro:

DRUNK AND DISORDERLY IN THE DIRTY CHRONICLES

Where to begin? Well, they call me Dirty Mark. I really don’t know how or where that name came into existence. I guess it’s because I really don’t have a lot of standards and I’m the guy who is always thinking about fucking the weather girl and I’ll be the old man sitting on the lazy boy chair in my liquor stained wife beater, my dentures in a cup of water and my beer on the table next to me with my cock in my hand, watching some slut getting pounded on the television screen. And I’m a filthy fucking tramp and there is no shame in my game as you will soon find out, if you keep turning these pages and don’t burn this book or curse me thinking I am an asshole piece of shit.
I’m originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia but tell people I’m from Montreal because I hate Halifax and consider Montreal home base. I was born on August 18, 1980 and adopted two days later to a good family, of whom I won’t mention the names, and you will soon see why if you already haven’t! I wasn’t sexually abused or beaten like a lot of people that I have met but there was a lot of mental abuse between me and my mother. I don’t know whether to blame her for the way I turned out but she definitely did not help! I had every opportunity to do something good with my life but as you will soon learn I always make the wrong choices.
I turned 36 last august in a prison cell so that was real fun, not! And today, I decided to take my friend Katie’s advice and write to you all about my crazy fuckin’ life and the 20 plus years I have been traveling throughout the States and Canada. I crossed the two countries riding freight trains and hitch-hiking before I was 18, so yeah, I have some fuckin’ stories!
I’m writing this book from the West Coast Correctional Center in Stephenville, NL, where I am doing a 30 month sentence for assault causing bodily harm. I blacked out and put a knife through someone’s arm. Oops!

I you're interested, follow the link!

RIP Dirty Mark

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads