The baja experience

ohdtee

Reaction score
Hitchhiked from Sacramento to San Diego & walked across the border for the first time, I don’t have a passport but luckily the Mexican border patrol took a 200 peso incentive to let me cross into Tijuana. I’ve ended up in Rosarito, there’s a shit ton of spring breakers here but I’m not wanting anything to do with that scene. Does anybody know what’s good down here? I’m kind of out of my element as I’m not exactly fluent in Spanish.

UrottingJaw

Reaction score
Might have wanted to think it through a little better broskee. I hope the weather is at least nice down there. We just got to San Louis Obispo from LA a couple days ago. Traveling back up north for 420 on hippie hill. It's fucking cold at night still. We are doing well for the most part though. Going to camp at big sur for a week or two. Hope you enjoy your trip. Be safe.

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Head to Piedras Negras and catch the KCS freight train down toward guatemala. At night, you stay away from the Mexican hobos with machetes and bats sticking out their packs. You will learn the spanish as you go. In the future if you want to cross without a passport or bribe, just tell them you are crossing the border briefly to visit a diner.

ohdtee

Reaction score
You’re right I could have thought it over a little better but this trip was purely impulse, if I’m back up north I’ll be at hippie hill too for the holiday. The weather down here is just slightly warmer than LA but you know how coastal towns are.

And thanks a million for that valuable bit of knowledge about where to possibly catch out & how to not get ripped off crossing. I’ll definitely keep that in mind on this trip and in the future. So far everyone I’ve ran into have been very welcoming here. Nothin but good vibes thus far

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads