Featured - Stupid things the cops have said to you? | Page 15 | Squat the Planet

Featured Stupid things the cops have said to you?

Reaction score
Had a state trooper on I 40 stop me as I was walking down the shoulder and ask me where my car was (i had a full pack with a huge ass sleeping bag on it). when I told him I didn't have one, he asked me where I was going. When I told him that I had left Nashville the day earlier and was headed to Memphis he then asked me why I didn't just take a bus, smh. On a side note, I did not realize how many crackheads were in Nashville.

Reactions: Odin

blue ant

Reaction score
Cop pulls me over near Austin on the US-290.

Fella ran my name thrice just to make sure I didn't have any warrants. Thank Heavens I keep my nose clean. Tell him I'm coming out of California and headed to Georgia to see a friend. He asks, "Isn't there any way he could meet you halfway?"

I had to explain why someone drive halfway across the United Fucking States of America to get to pick up someone perfectly capable of getting his own ass to his destination wasn't necessary. He was very grateful about it.

Helps that I didn't have any warrants, he felt the need to run my damn name twice.

Reactions: NamelessExistence
D

deleted17310

while reading a book on a public park bench I had a cop demand to know my name for my safety he claimed, so he could check it against the missing persons database that way he would know for sure my loved ones were not looking for me.

i asked him if he was trying to insult my intelligence, if i was being charged with a crime and if not would i need to make a citizens arrest on him for an attempted violation of my civil right and call the state police. he stammered, got red in the face and walked away without another word

Wasabi Peas

Reaction score
this isnt so much stupid as it is actually kind cool....this one cool cop got called in for me taking food from a rite aid, alot of people ask why i stayed and its because the lady didnt even give me a chance she called the cops on me as soon as she seen me enter as im banned from other rite aids and they have connected network.....so the cops just walk in and give me the breakdown with the cuffs, etc.....but the best thing was after the manager flew off the handle on me over some cereal and milk and whatnots, the cop promised theyd hold up charges, then took me a few blocks over and let me go, but before i went, the cop told me..."man, we get calls everyday from that BITCH".... if i wanted to eat and no shelters are open, to "go to the cvs or go to the next county rite aid, just dont go in philly rite aids".....thought that was kinda funny as he put on this front for the woman manager then let me go and told me how to keep off that bitches radar....i dug it.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
this isnt so much stupid as it is actually kind cool....this one cool cop got called in for me taking food from a rite aid, alot of people ask why i stayed and its because the lady didnt even give me a chance she called the cops on me as soon as she seen me enter as im banned from other rite aids and they have connected network.....so the cops just walk in and give me the breakdown with the cuffs, etc.....but the best thing was after the manager flew off the handle on me over some cereal and milk and whatnots, the cop promised theyd hold up charges, then took me a few blocks over and let me go, but before i went, the cop told me..."man, we get calls everyday from that BITCH".... if i wanted to eat and no shelters are open, to "go to the cvs or go to the next county rite aid, just dont go in philly rite aids".....thought that was kinda funny as he put on this front for the woman manager then let me go and told me how to keep off that bitches radar....i dug it.

I guess you'll be happy to know that rite aid was bought out by cvs so... The bitch prolly lost her job

SlapdashinHawtmess

Reaction score
So the most well maybe not stupidest in most books but insulting happening to myself and my boyfriend Oakhurst, Ca. The sheriffs stopped us for having an out of gas sign!!! Ran our names found out our license was suspended told us we had two choices he could search or he could impound our car... so we let him search the car of course.. When he didn't find anything he said we could go but if he saw us again he was going to take our car... we had no gas so we were stuck like two days later we finally were able to gtfo and that fool drove by right as we were pulling out.. He impound the car then gave me a list of homeless shelters and said there's no camping but we've been known to turn a blind eye... so this is the most stupidest shit in ever been told let me take ur home then let you no that the homeless shelters are mostly full and we have to be separate no co ed. Just rude

tony longshanks

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
The cops came to the place I've been staying recently asking after a friend of mine who has a warrant for non-violent behavior. (Unless you count spitting beer on a cop car from a pedestrian overpass to be violence... I'd say it's more like community service!) They mispronounced his Irish name so egregiously that I wasn't lying when I answered their queries with, "I don't know anyone by that name..." Ha, ha!

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
Wasn't too far out of NOLA, couldn't find a decent place to make food because of the rain. Finally stopped way back in a Walmart parking lot. My road dog was frying up some potatoes with a single burner propane stove just outside the driver's door. I'm sitting shotgun with a cutting board and an onion. An officer approaches my side of the vehicle saying he got a call that we were "cutting up drugs in the parking lot." I look at him a bit dumbfounded and say, "no, just making potatoes and onions," all the while still chopping. He walks around to the other side to inspect the contents of the pan. I tell him we can leave if we're causing trouble, just didn't know where to stop to make lunch. He was cool and said he didn't think Walmart would mind so we could keep on cooking.

tony longshanks

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Wasn't too far out of NOLA, couldn't find a decent place to make food because of the rain. Finally stopped way back in a Walmart parking lot. My road dog was frying up some potatoes with a single burner propane stove just outside the driver's door. I'm sitting shotgun with a cutting board and an onion. An officer approaches my side of the vehicle saying he got a call that we were "cutting up drugs in the parking lot." I look at him a bit dumbfounded and say, "no, just making potatoes and onions," all the while still chopping. He walks around to the other side to inspect the contents of the pan. I tell him we can leave if we're causing trouble, just didn't know where to stop to make lunch. He was cool and said he didn't think Walmart would mind so we could keep on cooking.

Yeah, to be fair, sometimes cops are just responding to calls made by overly suspicious citizens, so the stupidity is sometimes not their fault so much as "the neighborhood watch." Homelessness is viewed as a crime practically in & of itself in a lot of places, these days.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
but... but...

onions *taste* good, right???

soo... auhmm.. uhmm.. shit, man..

aren't they illegal???

shove those fuckers up yer arm, right???

or nose...

or..

• Haha
Reactions: roughdraft

Cali jay

Reaction score
Cop, Hitchhiking is illegal in california. Me, What? Since when? Cop, since forever and you can't be here holding a sign, don't make me come back. Umm ok?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads