States where pit bulls are illegal

D

deleted user

So my furry nomad happens to be a pit bull ( extremely friendly of course ) and last time I traveled with him, I didn't have any problems in the areas that they were illegal, but I'm thinking I just got lucky. Doe anyone have experience traveling with pits in areas such as Denver? Have you ever got harassed? If so, what do you recommend?

N

Nanaki

So my furry nomad happens to be a pit bull ( extremely friendly of course ) and last time I traveled with him, I didn't have any problems in the areas that they were illegal, but I'm thinking I just got lucky. Doe anyone have experience traveling with pits in areas such as Denver? Have you ever got harassed? If so, what do you recommend?

I never went through anywhere with my pit where it was illegal, I did end up finding him an awesome home though because I was really concerned about that too, I was on my way to Denver at the time and didn't want anything bad to happen to him. But, I have friends who have gone through places where it is illegal, all I know is in Denver they pretty much tell you to get the fuck out of town with your dog and maybe give you a ticket. Other places I hear they're more severe about it, like Haver? (I think thats the towns name? I know thats wrong, I can't remember..) Montana they pretty much don't give a fuck and take your dog and put him down, then toss you in jail for a night or two. But thats just what I heard from a kid who had a really good knack of getting himself in trouble with the cops all the time. So I don't know. But maybe this helped a little?

Shakou

Reaction score
I'd recommend staying far, far away from Denver with your Pit Bull if you know what's good for him. Denver is ruthless to Pit Bulls and their owners, even if you're simply passing through. I've heard some pretty horrible stories about people who have gone through Denver with their dogs, only intending to stay a night or two, and having their Pit Bulls taken away and killed and the owners facing a fine.

meathook

Reaction score
Yeah pits are only a problem in Denver, not all of CO. Lets see, I've probably gotten the most shit for having a pit bull in Ontario, Thunder Bay was the worst but the whole province hates pits. No one knows the actual laws, even the cops, and everyone in Canada is scared of them. They're required to be muzzled a lot of places too, like Nanaimo.

milkhauler

Reaction score
Pitbulls are not dangerous. Its the douche owners who need locked up. They exploit the fact pitbulls are the most loyal breeds know to man. They will do anything to please thier masters, including being ordered to attack someone or another dog. Any dog not trained properly will be vicious and territorial. Those libtards think banning a certain breed of dog will solve the social issuses of other dogs too? Roflmao!

[emoji35]

Reaction score
Pitbulls are not dangerous. Its the douche owners who need locked up. They exploit the fact pitbulls are the most loyal breeds know to man. They will do anything to please thier masters, including being ordered to attack someone or another dog. Any dog not trained properly will be vicious and territorial. Those libtards think banning a certain breed of dog will solve the social issuses of other dogs too? Roflmao!

[emoji35]
I know this is a really old post but I gotta say THANK YOU SO MUCH for saying what every Pitt bull owner knows so well. Only ignorant jackasses think Pitts are mean. My babies are big sissy lalas.

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads