Spoiled Hobo in FL

JoelRailDude

Reaction score
Hey wut up? I'm Joel, I've been in central fl ( Orlando) for 8 yrs since I moved from PR in 2003 graduated HS and ever since been here, studied a bit, got almost a degree. But there is no Jobs here for electronics. I got to escape Orlando!!!!

Recently I got involved with the Occupy movement. There is a lot of "squatting" involved with it. Since I allready liked camping, it was easy for me to adapt. I went to Occupy DC jan 17th, ispent 10 days living in McPherson Square, spent 3 days in a small town outside of philladelphia PA, came back. I must say the only thing I didnt like was that the shoes i chose where not water resistant, and that after 4 days, I staked pretty bad.

But I got interested in riding trains, i dont know when, somewhere like 3 weeks ago ro so. and BOOM...Mind Blown.

After tons of research i found out the only way to ride out of orlando daily service is a Hotshot IM NBD from the taft trainyard in orlando. Risky start but worth it. I rode it last friday to Jacksonville, where i can catch trains everywhere. It took almost 5 hrs or so, it was great. I took all necessary precautions, didnt ride stupid, didnt get seen. I took it seriously as a life or death, because thats what it is with trains, right?

I hope to travel north to chicago maybe, to see the G8/NATO event. I allready got Megabus to go march 30th to DC and May 17th to chicago, but I'll practice trainhoping til then, maybe after chicago i'll go west, see what comes......

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads