Share your Squatting Experience!

ncarrier

Reaction score
Have you participated in a public squat of an abandoned building, or a housing takeover? Are you interested in sharing your experience and your thoughts about homeless organizing and housing justice?

Hello! My name is Nora and I am a student-researcher at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA. I am currently working on a year-long project about the politics of vacant housing in the United States. As part of this project, I am interviewing activists who have participated in squats and housing takeovers across the country. I have been incredibly inspired by stories I’ve heard about housing takeovers, and my hope for this project is to identify successful strategies for these movements that both contribute to the academic understanding of social movements, and can be shared with organizers on the ground.

If you have participated in a squat or housing takeover, and identify as a housing/homeless activist in any way, I would love to speak to you about your experience. These interviews typically take between 30 minutes and 1 hour, depending on how our conversation goes.

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this request, but I figured this might be a good way to find people with these types of experiences.

Please reply to this thread or reach out to me at carri23n@mtholyoke.edu if you are interested. I so appreciate it.

Thank you,
Nora

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads