Hello StP!

Zaphod

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm an aspiring dirty kid about to leave on my first serious trip. I've bummed around here a bit already. Right now I'm in Ohio and I plan on leaving in a couple weeks to go down the East Coast to Florida. I'm a bit nervous, but also really stoked about this trip. Anyways, I'm a vegan anarchist punk (I know breakin' the mold right?) and it's rad to meet all of you!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP!!! And have fun on your trip!!

Reactions: Kal and Zaphod

Zaphod

Reaction score
Improvising I suppose? I'd like to ride a train at least part of the way, but I've heard mixed things. Some folks seem to say get the hell out there and do it, others seem to think you should find someone to show you the ropes. Other than that I'm hitching and walking

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Reaction score
I say do it your way. I hitch, I hop trains, and take the bus if I have the money. I travel aloan but not against traveling with the right person. I explored Montana With a guy named @Nola Nick he wa cool. How ever you travel just stay safe and have fun.

Zaphod

Reaction score
As we used to say at one of my old jobs, "safety first, safety always here at the factory of sadness!" Hahaha! I'll do my best man, and thanks for the warm welcome!

Reactions: Kal

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the family!

When you get to Florida, keep an eye out for The Volunteer Way organization.

They, too, offer free food, showers and even sign you up for food stamps if you need them.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Zaphod

A4ronfodder

Reaction score
Step one bring a large bag of nutritional yeast it turns even ketchup into somthing nice. Ohh and powdered peanutbutter is always a good thing in your ruck. Avacado is great if you can find em on your travels lots of energy giving fats, I always have one handy on my thru hikes. I've only been vegan for a year but in the next week I will be hitting the road so I'm constantly warping my brain around what's going to be for dinner. Luckily I'm a pretty damn good vegan cook at home always creating new dishes out of what I can find. I have faith in my creativity, but like I said as I travel and figure out what works/ does not I'll keep you posted.

Durp

Reaction score
Welcome bro ha. You are an aspiring traveler, not dirty kid. If that's what you want to do just stop showering :) best of luck on the road. It is super almost impossible to eat healthy on the road so be prepared to sacrafice your ideals for a meal. If you are hungry and some one gives you bacon I bet you will eat it, if not you will starve. I was all veg before traveling, now I am a see food eater. I eat all the food I see that I can cram into my face orfice.

• Sad
Reactions: Zaphod

Zaphod

Reaction score
Update, I finished my trip in November. It was rad and definitely one of he bear experiences of my life.

Oh, also, I remained vegan the entire trip. Well, except for once my road dawg gave me some bread he thought was vegan, but after eating it I think it probably had egg in it. I don't count mistakes though :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads