SEAsia

HoboinaTux

Reaction score
I'm currently in China teaching English. I'm bored though. I want to go around and find work in different city's/countries for a while. I've already got work setup in Thailand I think and I'm heading that way in about a week. Does anyone have any experience hitching in SEAsia or trying to find non English teaching work without speaking Chinese? Anyone want a travel companion?

ratjake

Reaction score
hey bi , im in southeast asia right now. i ride a bike ive herd hitching can be kind of expensive and you have to wave people down cant just stand there with you thumb out...they ushualy want money. in vietnam anyways. allways nice to find some other travler folk who arnt yuppie backpackers.rambleonmybike@hotmail.com

ramblerat

Reaction score
thailand, chaing rai,
good rasta bar guesthouse stay for really cheap maybe free if your around long enouf. name. chock dee. ot is owner. leather workspace.kitchen use.good folks.expencive brews but they dont care if you byob.

abandon building 4 st east from clock tower. maybe 6 floors with a roof intangled with vines, no walls top floor.satalite tv ! good place to squat...... ummmmmm. black house in the country side is worth taking a bicycle to.
thats all folks. freinds. i hope wer friends. friend.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
AH good old SE Asia....its cheap man..save up a bit and do it right. I know people that have hitched around Thailand no problem...chances are the rest of Asia is similar...but really save up and enjoy it properly

HoboinaTux

Reaction score
Well, I know this is old. But it's time. I'm currently in Malaysia. Within a few weeks I'm going to hitch out to Phuket.
Attempt to hire a boat to India, hop around there for a while. I might try to get out to Laos first though. Not sure. I know it's a very slim chance, but anyone wanna roll with?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads