Salvation Army Tucson being manipulative | Squat the Planet

Salvation Army Tucson being manipulative

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
The Salvation Army at it again. They're calling people "broken" which is something they shouldn't feel comfortable using as a general term to refer to (homeless/ unhoused) people. They also make it look like all there services are available 24/7, but you have to call early in the morning to reserve a bed for a evening. I don't know what service they have that's 24/ 7, but they're using internally vague language to make it look like shelter is more available than it actually is.

They also require a photo of and you can't have a sex offense on your record. I meet both those requirements, but I sure don't have a place to stay tonight, because I didn't call at 8 am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114-190452_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-190452_Firefox.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20221114-185944_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-185944_Firefox.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: marymemarryme

Tony G

Reaction score
The Salvation Army at it again. They're calling people "broken" which is something they shouldn't feel comfortable using as a general term to refer to (homeless/ unhoused) people. They also make it look like all there services are available 24/7, but you have to call early in the morning to reserve a bed for a evening. I don't know what service they have that's 24/ 7, but they're using internally vague language to make it look like shelter is more available than it actually is.

They also require a photo of and you can't have a sex offense on your record. I meet both those requirements, but I sure don't have a place to stay tonight, because I didn't call at 8 am.
the salvation armys been a scam they charge $25 a night at least that was the price when i was in seattle....and they always say they have more beds then they do for tax perpouses its stupid i always stayed at a Sikhi shelter they where great

• Useful
Reactions: 00kissmarrykick00

00kissmarrykick00

Reaction score
the salvation armys been a scam they charge $25 a night at least that was the price when i was in seattle....and they always say they have more beds then they do for tax perpouses its stupid i always stayed at a Sikhi shelter they where great

There is absolutely no reason for any Salvation Army shelter to charge anyone anything to stay there. If I ever encounter anything like that I'm going to report them to the irs.

I just found out that the Tucson branch of the Salvation Army is transphobic.

WanderLost

Reaction score
Ya that place is only good for blankets and maybe a meal if you feel like waiting. You can go there any time of the night and ask for a free blanket. It comes in handy in the winter.

00kissmarrykick00

Reaction score
Ya that place is only good for blankets and maybe a meal if you feel like waiting. You can go there any time of the night and ask for a free blanket. It comes in handy in the winter.

And if they would just be honest about being a free blanket station and not doing all the other things that they say that they're doing on their website, that would be fine. It's about being honest and meeting the needs of the community. They have a lot of bullshit on their website to make them look like they're doing more than they're actually doing, and that's what makes it a scam.

Reactions: Tony G

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads