Rojava (Western/Syrian Kurdistan) | Squat the Planet

Rojava (Western/Syrian Kurdistan)

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
sdf-announce-banner.jpg

http://rojavaplan.com

One of our comrades went to Minneapolis to get medical study rich and go to Rojava as a journalist, Slingshot press pass and everything, but ended up at the Sacred Stone Spirit Camp protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) instead!

But seriously, Rojava is still on our minds. Has anyone else on here thought about going?

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've been dying to go, but it's totally ilegal for me to go to Iraq. Through Turkey is the only way and I heard its hard to get back through there.

Nahhh Baby. Route Cyprus. LOL
Kim Chee you wanna drink Soju on the ramparts of the Krak you let me know. :D

Last edited:
K

Kim Chee

Nahhh Baby. Route Cyprus. LOL
Kim Chee you wanna drink Soju on the ramparts of the Kerak you let me know. :D

They drink soju down there?
Do they have Kim Chee too?

Yeah, I can take pics of all of it and maybe keep my head through it all.

Does the state department have anything to say about it?

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
They drink soju down there?
Do they have Kim Chee too?

Yeah, I can take pics of all of it and maybe keep my head through it all.

Does the state department have anything to say about it?

State? LOL No.

They drink soju, eat kimchi. :D I think Psy is pretty popular down there as well rotfl

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Rojava is now half of Syria's GDP. Turkey and the Kurds will be coming head to head soon as ISIS loses ground... and we'll see what happens then... I've thought about going but ultimately I'd be completely useless there. What they're really going to need now is soldiers, I think.

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
No, but if you set me up with one of those passes, cameras, stipend and a fixer I can get a passport and figure out the rest like a big boy.
If the Collective gave me that sort of support, I would be there! I paid for my press pass by myself and got to Minneapolis to do a med study by myself, like a big boy.

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Rojava is now half of Syria's GDP. Turkey and the Kurds will be coming head to head soon as ISIS loses ground... and we'll see what happens then... I've thought about going but ultimately I'd be completely useless there. What they're really going to need now is soldiers, I think.
But if only journalists are being let in through Turkey, it's a good excuse to go. From what I understand it's totally illegal for journalists to fight in wars, hence the protections we allegedly have... sort of like medics. And if I had that skill set beyond some pretty basic first aid I'd be thinking more along those lines for sure!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads