Retired Rubbertramp Seeking Sanity

bugbug

she/they
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Hello all, I've lurked here for years n years. Anyways I'm bug, she/they, late 20's. I solo rubber tramped for 4ish years. Spent most of my time working various seasonal jobs, sprinkled with farm stays, and spent a lot of time trekking through national forests. I had a couple of bad experiences and got pretty burnt out living in the desert during covid. I've recently stumbled upon such novelties as "affordable housing", "health insurance", and "access to quality mental healthcare" so I'm comfortably housed up and focused on my (cali) sobriety, health, gardening, and other cool granny things.

I'm here because irl I'm surrounded by fairly conservative, small town local office workers who talk about things like trans people not having a right to exist, complaining about our hardworking and underpaid janitors missing specks of dust, and freaking out crying and calling the cops if they see an unhoused person existing. I have a wonderful non-traveler partner but overall I'm feeling really alienated and just want to talk to people who "get it", yanno?

I like messing with words and pictures and have a webcomic inspired by southern Utah. I might make a thread to dump stories, art, ramblings, etc if that's not too obnoxious.

If anyones coming thru northernish St. Louis I got food, bud, and rides if you need 'em ✌️

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey, i think i remember your previous account, i think you even used the same profile picture. what made you leave the first time?

Iris1503

Iris
Reaction score
Hello all, I've lurked here for years n years. Anyways I'm bug, she/they, late 20's. I solo rubber tramped for 4ish years. Spent most of my time working various seasonal jobs, sprinkled with farm stays, and spent a lot of time trekking through national forests. I had a couple of bad experiences and got pretty burnt out living in the desert during covid. I've recently stumbled upon such novelties as "affordable housing", "health insurance", and "access to quality mental healthcare" so I'm comfortably housed up and focused on my (cali) sobriety, health, gardening, and other cool granny things.

I'm here because irl I'm surrounded by fairly conservative, small town local office workers who talk about things like trans people not having a right to exist, complaining about our hardworking and underpaid janitors missing specks of dust, and freaking out crying and calling the cops if they see an unhoused person existing. I have a wonderful non-traveler partner but overall I'm feeling really alienated and just want to talk to people who "get it", yanno?

I like messing with words and pictures and have a webcomic inspired by southern Utah. I might make a thread to dump stories, art, ramblings, etc if that's not too obnoxious.

If anyones coming thru northernish St. Louis I got food, bud, and rides if you need 'em ✌️

Yooooo I'm so happy you've found a good place, you should def keep us posted on the gardening, I've recently attempted planting cherry tomatoes and asparagus, the cherry tomatoes came out great but the asparagus... 😅

bugbug

she/they
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Yooooo I'm so happy you've found a good place, you should def keep us posted on the gardening, I've recently attempted planting cherry tomatoes and asparagus, the cherry tomatoes came out great but the asparagus... 😅

Ty! I'm starting a few seeds and I'm gonna try a container raspberry soon. Oh man asparagus sounds hard, I haven't even been successful with broccoli yet 💀 Jelly of your cherry tomatoes !

Reactions: Iris1503

Glass Roads

Reaction score
Welcome back to the squat. I can very much relate to being surrounded by those kind of folks that hate on trans and gay people and people who dare to exist without paying rent. I'm glad this website exists, it helps keep me sane In such places.

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score

That's sweet welcome return; wishing you continued connection on and off the virtual <3

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads