new here, looken for likeminded southwest folks

sectownkid

Reaction score
hey everybody names charley, I'm from new mexico been living in utah as of late.. basically been working all across the west and alaska lately but losing my stoke on staying in one place too long.. don't relate with these college types of kids and looking for likeminded people in the area (moab, flag, taos, santa fe etc.) who have more experience in this kind of life than me who got any advice or down to show me the ropes.

a little about me, I am not entirely green to life on the road spent sometime hitchhiking the northwest coast and stints living on the streets of anchorage, albuquerque and Seattle. I'm more of a reserved type with a lot to say but takes a while to trust anyone. love drinking tall cans and a good adventure and long boarding is my life. met up with some train hop kids near a yard in Ogden and one of them took me under his wing and we hitched out to the westcoast, since then and listening to his philosophy and having the time of my life I been itching to get back on the road.. if anyone knows a kid by the name of grass shoes from Texas with dreads and a big ass military rucksack, I lost touch with him and would be stoked to connect with him again.

anyway make a long story short I'm thinking about cutting out with my last check and grabbing some gear, looking to start in moab or flag/sedona area. Im a desert kid and long to get back outside again. anyone interested in joining or got some advice how to kick this off id gladly receive any input, thanks!

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome to STP! I applaud your honest intro & Im sure others will as well. Theres lots to learn, read & like minded people to network with & or meet up with. Good luck with this new chapter of your life; hopefully with our forum here you can stay connected to a community regardless of where you lay your head for the night.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads