Reintroduction I guess?

VeganBrianFL

Reaction score
So I'd been browsing STP for years, finally made an account a few years back when I was housed up for a while in Jacksonville. Then I guess I just feel off with a lot. Hated it there, couldn't find work, ended up moving all over Florida for a while, bought a van and never ended up building it, settled down with a girl while working 6 days a week. She ended up getting hooked on dope, became even more violent, so I left. Ended up dead from the shit not long after. I quit smoking cigarettes and bud not long after (never liked drugs, those were my only vices, along with alcohol which I'm still enjoying moderately 🥃).
Ended up rooming with some folks my ex knew until they partied out of control. Got a job working on cars for 70 hours a week and just stacked everything I made. Looked at my savings account one day at work when they were really getting on my nerves, said "You know what? I don't need this shit." and told the customer I was with, "Naw no worries man, I'm in no rush. I'm going home, taking all of my tools out, and telling them to pick this truck up."
So I started building the van. That was almost a year ago and I didn't "finish" it, but it's taken me to some beautiful spots in the Southeast. Threw solar on top, "cheap" Amazon lithium battery, cut in a MaxFan, got a big ol 12v fridge, twin size memory foam, and traveled. Until I started running low on money. Came back to my home area to work while I save, but nothing is paying as good as the place I made a killing at. Not that I think I want to regularly do 70+ hours a week again.
But yeah, I saw Matt make a post on another site recently and it reminded me to check back here. I literally went through all that shit above in like 5 years since checking in last. In the meantime, I've bought the book and the bandana (not a rag wearing kinda guy, it's wrapped around my AK stock right now) and still somehow not come back to check the forums. So, hi, here I am again.

Anyway, now that my van is still half built (I mean, I have everything I need to be comfortable but no bougie shiplap walls) and I'm sick of where I'm at, physically and in life, I want to hit the road again. But stay out longer this time. I know introductions isn't the best place to ask, and "money/ work" questions have been asked a million times, but what's out there right now for rubbertramps as far as seasonal and work camping goes? I still have a few debts to pay off, and drive a V8, so the "work 32 hours for just a spot" doesn't work for me; shit I can go out in the boonies anywhere for free, I don't want to work JUST for a campsite. Hell, don't even really need one supplied by the job, just some duck offs I can cycle through close to an employer if need be. Any leads, send them my way.

Sorry for the long reintroduction. Especially since I was never super active here aside from lurking. Shit, I could write a 3 book series about just the last 5 years of my life with how much shit has gone on since then. Plus I deleted all of my social media yesterday. My 14 year old Facebook account, IG, reddit, all of it. That shit just kills your mind and makes you want to be mad at everything and everyone.

Anyway, hope y'all are doing well. It's been crazy these last few years lol

I'll add some pictures of my van sitting over 3000 ft on the Blue Ridge Parkway for tax. That's high up for a Florida boy :LOL:

Attachments

• tempImage1p3RAs.png
    tempImage1p3RAs.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 52
  • tempImage6DisD8.png
    tempImage6DisD8.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 59

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads