(Re) Introducing myself | Squat the Planet

(Re) Introducing myself

Thomas Walker

Reaction score
Hello once again, StP community!

I haven't been online here in over a year, but recent circumstances in my life indicate that it might be a good time to reacquaint myself. My name is Thomas Walker, age 21. I live in Indiana and attend (?) a fairly prestigious university. My grades are borderline failing right now, and I'm not sure I'll be able to secure the funds to continue even if I do manage to scrape by. The way I see it, I have had an interest in hopping trains for the last few years, and if my current career aspirations become impossible to achieve, this would be one of the only fulfilling lifestyles I could think of.

I may make this into a separate post in a different section, but I'm also starting to think about learning a new instrument along the way. I already have experience with ukulele, piano, and trombone, but the only instrument from that list that is small enough to port would be the ukulele, and I'm not sure if one could stand the rigors of constant rough-living. I would be open to suggestions on small durable instruments to try and learn.

Anyways, I guess I'll just continue to more-or-less lurk around here until I can learn enough to safely hop a train. Stay safe out there my friends.

Potts

Reaction score
Hello once again, StP community!

I haven't been online here in over a year, but recent circumstances in my life indicate that it might be a good time to reacquaint myself. My name is Thomas Walker, age 21. I live in Indiana and attend (?) a fairly prestigious university. My grades are borderline failing right now, and I'm not sure I'll be able to secure the funds to continue even if I do manage to scrape by. The way I see it, I have had an interest in hopping trains for the last few years, and if my current career aspirations become impossible to achieve, this would be one of the only fulfilling lifestyles I could think of.

I may make this into a separate post in a different section, but I'm also starting to think about learning a new instrument along the way. I already have experience with ukulele, piano, and trombone, but the only instrument from that list that is small enough to port would be the ukulele, and I'm not sure if one could stand the rigors of constant rough-living. I would be open to suggestions on small durable instruments to try and learn.

Anyways, I guess I'll just continue to more-or-less lurk around here until I can learn enough to safely hop a train. Stay safe out there my friends.
Common sense goes along way. I hope you can pull your grades up. You're young and have a great opportunity. Either way, welcome back!

Reactions: manzo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads