questions from the bottom of the barrel

brainsex

Reaction score
i’m quite new to all of this, so i have some questions. any answers/help is appreciated!

i just got home from rehab and when i find a stable place, i’m looking into travel, but i don’t know if it’s a sustainable option. is nomadic living/squatting a lifestyle that can be maintained for a long time, or do you eventually have to settle in one place? what’s the most liberating part/biggest benefit of this type of living? what’s a common mistake most people make when starting off? again, any help is appreciated.

Anthorhitchhiker77

Reaction score
what’s the most liberating part/biggest benefit of this type of living? what’s a common mistake most people make when starting off? again, any help is appreciated.
You can go where ever you want and there are ALOT of beautiful views
ALOT of the people I see don't wanna walk and if you don't have a vehicle your gonna have to walk
i just got home from rehab and when i find a stable place, i’m looking into travel
If it's opioids your struggling with they have a shot now that for a month gets rid of all drug cravings also you can do ibogaine if you have ALOT of money

but i don’t know if it’s a sustainable option. is nomadic living/squatting a lifestyle that can be maintained for a long time, or do you eventually have to settle in one place?
You can travel indefinitely some of the veteran travelers I meet have been doing it for years but they all have cars its possible without a car you just have to get use to walking and loitering

I would advise you to save up for a vehicle and stash away some money

• Useful
Reactions: Barf

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if you're trying to stay sober, you're MUCH better staying away from hitchhiking, train hopping, and other semi-homeless lifestyles. you WILL be exposed to temptations. maybe taking some time to save up for a van and traveling that way might be a better option, but you'll have to give us more details.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads