Poor man's shower for car campers

ggonthego

Reaction score
20210725_180535.jpg

I've been thinking about making this for awhile and had some time this afternoon and threw it together in about 5 minutes after I had all of the materials needed. Pretty easy concept and not really an original idea I guess (I've seen camp showers similar for sale on the South American Jungle River website for around $50 or $60).

I made it because I'm a cheap bastard and I'm going out on the road in September and will be traveling by truck and camping along the way.

Anyway...just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
moved to the rubber tramping forum.

Bibs

Reaction score
That's pretty fucking dope, I've seen similar setups where that pump is replace with a gallon jug and hung upside down under a tree but yours is much more refined. 10/10 would shower again.

Reactions: ggonthego

ggonthego

Reaction score
That's pretty fucking dope, I've seen similar setups where that pump is replace with a gallon jug and hung upside down under a tree but yours is much more refined. 10/10 would shower again.
Thanks man! Yeah, there are a lot of different camping showers out there. I may build another one in the future with a small battery powered electric pump that you can just throw into a bucket. This one is so simple to make and will suit it's purpose.

Reactions: Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, there are a lot of different camping showers out there. I may build another one in the future with a small battery powered electric pump that you can just throw into a bucket. This one is so simple to make and will suit it's purpose.
You're welcome bro, I hope the electric one works out for ya too!

Reactions: ggonthego

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads