Perhaps the flaw in man is exactly this: that he doesn’t know how he ought to live.

suprhromnn

Reaction score
Just dropping in to say hi and get myself out here on the forums!

I'm currently active duty but will be getting out around the end of August and am planning some sort of alternative lifestyle when I do.

I don't really make solid plans, and have absolutely zero idea what I'm doing. Right now the tentative plan is:
Burning Man
Hang around wherever for a few months
Get to Alaska and spend winter with the fam since I haven't seen 'em in a few years
make my way back to the lower 48 and do....something

Was thinking about hitching everywhere but trainhopping sounds infinitely more enjoyable to me so I think that may be where I'm headed. I also have friends who own land in Oregon and Hawaii and both are setting up Eco Communities and that is something that has really tempted me as well.

Either way, I look forward to becoming an active member of this board and getting to know many of you through it!

Reactions: shabti

Dead horse

Reaction score
Well at least someone understands, i get the impression that a lot of newbs and oogle americans think cuz i'm in canada i must live in an igloo

Reactions: Bram

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads