PDX and West Coast Squats

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Fairly experienced with dispersed camping but planning to find a squat or establish one on the West Coast in the coming months for a variety of reasons, I've heard in the PNW and particularly Portland there's a lively scene thing is the only place I know off the top of my head is an LGBTQIA+ encampment that some AFA activists serve. If anyone knows places or has tips for vulnerable Transfemme folks trying this out of necessity let me know!

A reason I've avoided it when possible in the past is interactions with pigs. My heart drops as I've been treated extra horrible by the state enforcers for who I am, and I'm not sure how best to justify or interact with cops if found trespassing. When urban exploring its just been a non issue. Sometimes I'll reach out to a local pride center and tell them the situation but most often it'll go nowhere or I'll be informed any affirming shelters or programs are full so abandoned property was an idea that's come to mind after reading a zine from a distro called "If it's vacant, take it!" It's getting a lot scarier for trans folks in less progressive regions so where to go has been a question we've asked especially when we're priced out of even the most affordable options.

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
good luck finding a squat in portland especially with all the development going on all around the states, theyre capitalizing and making buildings for the rich! you should come to boston, theres a lot of trans equality in the works here, and I see trans people being welcomed a lot to the community. hit me up if youre around!

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
good luck finding a squat in portland especially with all the development going on all around the states, theyre capitalizing and making buildings for the rich! you should come to boston, theres a lot of trans equality in the works here, and I see trans people being welcomed a lot to the community. hit me up if youre around!

Do you know of any solid places in Boston for camping or squatting? Sounds cool actually.

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
Do you know of any solid places in Boston for camping or squatting? Sounds cool actually.

the place I was at shut down a few years ago and havent heard anything in the city since they developed whole blocks and teared down all the squats recently. its kind of a small tragedy for the folks who live here, boston has always had a problem with gentrification. I know a few spots that could be fit for camping but its nothing like it used to be, people were camping in the city all the time and it was kind of fucking rad. aside from that I think boston is still a good place for trans activism and would hit up a few shows or DJ nights if youre ever in town. could be a good time.

• Useful
Reactions: Supposed Mocha

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
the place I was at shut down a few years ago and havent heard anything in the city since they developed whole blocks and teared down all the squats recently. its kind of a small tragedy for the folks who live here, boston has always had a problem with gentrification. I know a few spots that could be fit for camping but its nothing like it used to be, people were camping in the city all the time and it was kind of fucking rad. aside from that I think boston is still a good place for trans activism and would hit up a few shows or DJ nights if youre ever in town. could be a good time.
Gentrification is a horrible inhuman machine, that's disheartening to hear it's occurring there and not any local revitalization coming from the community. Didn't know about the trans activism bit in that area either! Thanks I'll have to DM you too.

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
Gentrification is a horrible inhuman machine, that's disheartening to hear it's occurring there and not any local revitalization coming from the community. Didn't know about the trans activism bit in that area either! Thanks I'll have to DM you too.

yeah hit me up, things in boston are going to start coming back around. I hate talking about this place like its washed out but the reality is we got hit with gentrification and those blocks really got torn down. much rather be the optimist to say that things will be picking up again in a couple years. a lot of the scum who ruined this place are gonna be straight up broke come the time when it all settles because their wealth is all conditional and theres a lot of people like that in boston who are going to fall on the fucking hard life in this city and some might even end up outside of blanchards, where the crust squats and oogles hang. it might be a good time to show up here, at the beginning of the new boston. tough luck if you loved old boston.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads