News & Blogs - Palcohol | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Palcohol

Mongo

Reaction score
Check out the actual article by clicking the link at the bottom there's a video on it

Powdered alcohol: Palcohol hits stores this fall, now you can snort rum or vodka

See also
The U.S. Treasury's Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau has approved powdered alcohol for retail. This probably won't end well.on.aol.com
1345360417_7792_Picture4.jpg

Tina BurgessSan Diego Top News Examiner
Related Photo:
1af1f91dd07ce4b1d6de9ff36f30ebfd.jpg

Photo by Rick Kern

Zoom in
April 20, 2014
Powdered alcohol, aka Palcohol, has been approved by the U.S. government and will be available in stores this fall. The new versions of alcohol in powder form include vodka, rum, and cocktails like Lemon Drop, Cosmopolitan, Mojito, and Margarita. All of those will be marketed under the brand name Palcohol, reports The Washington Times on April 19.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau approved the new versions of Palcohol last week. While Palcohol.com announces that they were “excited by the approval of our powdered alcohol product, Palcohol,” the site was not quite ready yet for its widespread attention and had to quickly add some new information in regard to its product.

According to Palcohol, Mark Phillips created the powdered alcohol because sometimes it is inconvenient having to deal with liquid alcohol. Lipsmark, the privately held company that owns the product, appears to be surprised by the government's approval. It says that at this time it is not looking for investors, distributors or employees. The product will be sold everywhere where liquor can be sold.

Evidently, the new powder product is much lighter than the liquid version and can be taken anywhere. When used according to instructions -- adding five ounces of liquid to the powder – the alcohol mix is as strong as a standard drink. Of course, just like the liquid form, the powder can be used for any cooking purposes.

The powder is being sold in pouches and comes in six flavors. Vodka, which is labeled V, is a powder made from premium vodka distilled four times. Rum, which is labeled R, is a powder made from premium Puerto Rican Rum. The four cocktail versions include Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Powderita (which tastes just like a Margarita), and Lemon Drop. All that is needed to turn the powders into an alcoholic drink is to add water.

But then who needs water? Even though “snorting” alcohol might sound like a joke, it is not, and Palcohol as well as the above video are addressing the issue. “Please don't snort and drive,” says the Newsy reporter whose words can also be read on ajc.com. Palcohol’s website is addressing the issue of “goofballs wanting to snort it,” and says “Don’t do it!” But why should anyone listen – the U.S. government approved the powder.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pow...ores-this-fall-now-you-can-snort-rum-or-vodka

Attachments

• 1345360417_7792_Picture4.jpg
    1345360417_7792_Picture4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 1af1f91dd07ce4b1d6de9ff36f30ebfd.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 1af1f91dd07ce4b1d6de9ff36f30ebfd.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: p4r4d0x

Mongo

Reaction score
i only read the headline, but why would you want to snort it instead of drinking it? cheaper?

It would hit you faster, but I read on there official website that they put in filler specifically to deter this. About half a cup of powder is equal to a drink.Even so you can just eat the powder straight probably faster then a drink.

No more hassles with the bulk and cleaning of that old turkey baster, now you can simply parachute your alcohol::eyepatch::, aaahhhhh..... the wonders of technology and it's improvements on mankind.

• Haha
Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sorry But I'm an Pure-aholic.

Malt beverage or grain spirits only.

Fuck your dust!

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score

janktoaster

Reaction score
This has "bad news" written all over it

K

Kim Chee

I heard that it was a labeling requirement which was omitted. Labels are pretty easy to fix. You do have a bunch of liquid alcohol lobbyists who are probably doing their best to make sure it doesn't come to market. Sure would be far more portable for a light traveler. I'm sure abusers will find a myriad of ways to abuse the substance (not that it doesn't happen already in liquid form). It is just that much more versatile. Anybody remember 4 Loco? Yeah that shit went away simply for the caffeine/alcohol combo.

janktoaster

Reaction score
I mean, people will snort this, smoke it, sprinkle it on weed / roll it in blunts... maybe eject it?! Fuck if I know...

I remember the original 4Locos, those got you straight up sauce bagged

sketchytravis

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
from what I heard it was passed on accident... and revoked or something along those line

also I read that they make it so that snorting it aint too good and doesn't work too well due to the filler

Mongo

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads