oioioioioi

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
hey i'm heron. i'm an anarchist, mage, (as in chaos magic etc,) writer and sure to end up on the road at some point. y'all seem pretty groovy and i've been meaning to check STP out so howdy.

Nelco

Reaction score
a mage..?

Nelco

Reaction score
what kind of mage?

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
i'm a karma mage, but i don't practice magic or any form of mysticism..default by birth

ah yeah. chaos magic, psionics, (kinda. don't ask me to read your mind or ill wipe it and make you think you're a turtle) native american shamanism-stuff, (well, think carlos castaneda.) energy-working, general lunatic-stuff, etc.

karma mage btw? im not familiar with the term.

Nelco

Reaction score
are you a light worker?

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
ah yeah. weird thing, i was a fundamentalist christian too until i got out of it. (a combination of fate and reading Handbook of the Navigator. free read if ye or anyone else would like to check it out. seems like new age hippy stuff but it's actually very nice.) are you still a christian? i can see you're conflicted. and i certainly was, especially during the time i was still a christian but realizing about magic/energy working as a fact, remembering that i did it as a kid and stuff, etc. and yeah great to meet you too.

am i lightworker? i don't know, honestly. one reason is because i've seen multiple definitions. once i heard them defined as sort of green berets of the world, people who chose to go on a mission in this life to make the world a better place through love and peace etc. if that's true then it's not entirely me.

They feel the urge to heal others and a deep need to resolve the world's problems . They very often feel compelled to write, teach, or counsel others; and know without a doubt that they are here for a higher purpose

that's another definition i just randomly found though. and that's me too. i've thought about the question before and i'm not sure. maybe it's for others to judge over time.

Are you?

Nelco

Reaction score
no.
i avoid meddling with others feilds.
are you indigo/star/crystal child?

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
no.
i avoid allowing myself to..meddle with others feilds.
it's just better for me to leave it alone personally.
i'm a contradiction..more or less..my mom was a magi growing up and my grandmother a christain..i feel safer with my grandmothers ways.
I was more open, than i had some weird spiritual stuff happen to me and i'm too afraid to mess with any of it..if i woudl've accepted any of it, i'd be a karmic mage, light worker, starseed.
are you indigo/star/crystal child?

ah. well, i think it's unavoidable, 'mage' or not. (; but it's understandable.
better? maybe. it's your choice, of course. im wary of anyone to give up on it, because to me it seems like... uhm, sort of humanity's gift, you might say? no, idk, it's something that belongs to us but we lost. society trains it out of kids by forcing them to create egos and shun imagination and such. maybe they adopt a religious paradigm or a scientific one, but it forces them into a narrow mindset- a consensus reality.

and that's understandable too. magic paths can be incredibly terrifying. i don't know the details but i do know that if you travel down a path like this, you either renounce fear entirely at some point or you're scared away from it. and i know some friends who were very, uhm.. powerful and beautiful let's say... who looked into the face of power and, rather than accepting it, fled from it.

and im always down to talk about it if you want. i understand it's very personal though. but just remember that fear is nothing really, nothing but what you let yourself make of it. sorry if that sounds condescending- im very fearful myself of some things, some things i definitely shouldn't be. i hope to lose all fear, of death and everything, some day though.

from what i know of the star child term, i wouldn't say that i am. indigo child i would agree with. in a lot of ways i was a better mage when i was a kid than i am now even, because i was so natural. it's hard to compare to BEFORE you have all the societal and anti-magic condition than to after, when you're still trying to lose it. it's just so incomparible, and it's why as a kid i saw auras, changed emotions and so many other magic feats and i barely thought anything of it. because they were natural.

the thing is, i don't use the term indigo child because i think magic is available to pretty much all kids before we join the consensus reality. i don't know if all use it as much as i did, and some probably did a lot more, and some probably didn't lose it as much as i did, and many more have lost it permanently and will never feel magic again. it's complicated, and terribly sad, but it's the truth i know. sorry for so much rambling anyway, it's a important personal thing to me, all of that.

Nelco

Reaction score
ah. well, i think it's unavoidable, 'mage' or not. (; but it's understandable.
better? maybe. it's your choice, of course. im wary of anyone to give up on it, because to me it seems like... uhm, sort of humanity's gift, you might say? no, idk, it's something that belongs to us but we lost. society trains it out of kids by forcing them to create egos and shun imagination and such. maybe they adopt a religious paradigm or a scientific one, but it forces them into a narrow mindset- a consensus reality.

and that's understandable too. magic paths can be incredibly terrifying. i don't know the details but i do know that if you travel down a path like this, you either renounce fear entirely at some point or you're scared away from it. and i know some friends who were very, uhm.. powerful and beautiful let's say... who looked into the face of power and, rather than accepting it, fled from it.

and im always down to talk about it if you want. i understand it's very personal though. but just remember that fear is nothing really, nothing but what you let yourself make of it. sorry if that sounds condescending- im very fearful myself of some things, some things i definitely shouldn't be. i hope to lose all fear, of death and everything, some day though.

from what i know of the star child term, i wouldn't say that i am. indigo child i would agree with. in a lot of ways i was a better mage when i was a kid than i am now even, because i was so natural. it's hard to compare to BEFORE you have all the societal and anti-magic condition than to after, when you're still trying to lose it. it's just so incomparible, and it's why as a kid i saw auras, changed emotions and so many other magic feats and i barely thought anything of it. because they were natural.

the thing is, i don't use the term indigo child because i think magic is available to pretty much all kids before we join the consensus reality. i don't know if all use it as much as i did, and some probably did a lot more, and some probably didn't lose it as much as i did, and many more have lost it permanently and will never feel magic again. it's complicated, and terribly sad, but it's the truth i know. sorry for so much rambling anyway, it's a important personal thing to me, all of that.

I agree on the ego's and personalities tradgey.

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
ah i getcha. people don't really understand how far the rabbit hole goes as far as that stuff, even most mages. my goal is to find the totality of myself.

ah, well, magic is a blanket term for virtually anything, uhm, metaphysical- among me and my small circle of friends and allies. i don't do incantations or rituals really, and any that i do do are probably eclectic and spontaneous. yay chaos magic. i shy away from narrow paths of magic that many people are prone to- none of that secret golden crimson order of the skyless dawn stuff. mostly just will-working.

well, to me i think every human is 'super human' naturally. sth that's stolen yaknow? and yeah i love smoking and drinking with mages. psychoactives can bring out magic temporarily too, especially weed/salvia. i wrote an article about it actually.

and yeah i get the bible too. raised in all my life really.

what type? hmm. i say chaos mage now, but i mean that in the sense that i use a combination of techniques i make up and techniques from other sources. it's funny because chaos mages are supposed to basically use whatever magic works for whatever purpose but even they have quite a few techniques that are commonly used among them- sigils, paradigm shift, chemognostisism, etc. i use those as well as tons of other things. actually wrote an article on that too. but anyway idk, i say chaos mage.. or just mage... or will-worker... or wannabe nagual...

what element? i'm not sure. how do you figure that out?

i haven't read anything from them. i haven't read much magic literature at all actually. not as much as i feel i should.

astral travel? a ton. obe? a bit. to me it's hard to draw the line between them though.

Nelco

Reaction score
sounds like we have some shit in common

KnifeToe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a level 17 Necromancer. I have a level 5 Animate Dead spell plus a level 4 Ray of Enfeeblement. I'm pretty good in dungeons and in pvp but paladins tend to kick my ass with their holy spells. I think we could form a pretty balanced party together with Nelco's air elemental spells and Heron's pysonic based abilities. I hear theres a dragon hiding out in San Francisco if you would like to meet me there for some phat lewt.

But seriously, you guys are full of shit.

Heron

not very crusty
Reaction score
Website
tracklabs.net
Hey guys, I'm a level 17 Necromancer. I have a level 5 Animate Dead spell plus a level 4 Ray of Enfeeblement. I'm pretty good in dungeons and in pvp but paladins tend to kick my ass with their holy spells. I think we could form a pretty balanced party together with Nelco's air elemental spells and Heron's pysonic based abilities. I hear theres a dragon hiding out in San Francisco if you would like to meet me there for some phat lewt.

But seriously, you guys are full of shit.

silence, mortal!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads