Newbie Here!

LivinMyLife031

Reaction score
Good day everyone! My name is Anna and I’m currently living in Georgia. I am heading out to Houston, Texas in a couple of weeks with family but I am itching to go to Tucson, Arizona. I am hoping to stay at some affordable motels there while I get my life together.

I am not going to go to much into my personal details but it's time I headed out on my own. I am trying to formulate a plan and budget before I leave but any advice or tips would be helpful!

Thanks.

Charlene Jank

Reaction score
Welcome [:

The most accessible way to transition to a "alternative" lifestyle, save $, and still be pretty comfortable is to start living in a vehicle imo. That way you don't have to pay rent (or for a motel room, etc). If you're tight on cash and aren't worried about moving a lot, you can even buy a cheap beater. As long as it'll limp around enough to move just a mile or two whenever you are pestered by neighbors or the po you can get by. Not paying rent is pretty much the biggest, most consistent expense that you can cut out of your life to help you stack cash and get ahead in whatever direction you'd like.

There's an entire section of this site devoted to 'van dwelling/rubber tramping' where you can find all kinds of advice and ideas about how to get moving in that direction if you so choose.

Best of luck out there!

Reactions: LivinMyLife031

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads