New to the board, not the road.

RVLG

Reaction score
Hello,
My name's Rowan. I've been lurking about for quite a while (six months) and thought it time to join the party. I'd describe myself as a generally laid-back vegan free spirit with a passion for everything DIY (or with friends) and ecologically sustainable. I'm otherwise interested in such things as politics, language learning, and music (metal, punk, and classical, mostly), to name a few. I've lived in a couple squats and been plain homeless a few times over the past couple years. Currently I live in a squat on the East Coast with a couple of hippies, and am looking to move north, west, or to Europe, if I can figure out how to get there on the cheap. Boats and planes aren't exactly easy to hitch a ride on.

RVLG

Reaction score
If I go north, I want to go to Vermont, Maine, or Quebec. If I go west, then Montana, Oregon, or Washington. For Europe I was looking into Scotland, eastern Spain, south-west Germany, or Scandinavia.
I could get a menial job, but I'd rather see if I might find a cheaper way across the pond than actually buying fare. It's just to find out if I can, really. If I don't find it within another five months and end up deciding on Europe, I'll probably be a farm hand. The medical study is an idea I'm not keen on, but we'll see how things go.

freeganmachine

Reaction score
I ended up in Connecticut last night. Completely opposite direction of where I wanted to go, but now I've decided to head to Seattle. Haha, life is strange.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
I ended up in Connecticut last night. Completely opposite direction of where I wanted to go, but now I've decided to head to Seattle. Haha, life is strange.
hitch all the way there? .... just noticed your last post was in VA/NC

freeganmachine

Reaction score
No, I met up with a friend and he wanted to go to Connecticut so I spontaneously drove him there. I'm in Cleveland at the moment. First time I've ever been to a city and I'm by myself. Sheer terror xD

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads