New to squat the planet. Squatting in Arizona! Desolate, dry. AMA!

happy hobo

Reaction score
Dry desolate Arizona. Cordes lakes, Arizona. Here with my girl, were just coming off of a diet of pure dry beans/rice for the month, good to be here to find support. Thanks guys! It gets thirsty and hungry here, any ways you guys have of staying fed would help! Thanks, !!!

If you can get up to Flagstaff, its much cooler there for the summer than lower elevations, plenty of legit places to camp all around town (some within walking distance), a decent drive thru food pantry you can hit twice a month (or theres 2 walk thru soup kitchens/sack lunch options), free potable water fill station behind the Fry's gas station on 66 just before downtown, and a $6 day pass gets you the Flagstaff Aquatic Center for showers, pools, hot tub.

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
If you can get up to Flagstaff, its much cooler there for the summer than lower elevations, plenty of legit places to camp all around town (some within walking distance), a decent drive thru food pantry you can hit twice a month (or theres 2 walk thru soup kitchens/sack lunch options), free potable water fill station behind the Fry's gas station on 66 just before downtown, and a $6 day pass gets you the Flagstaff Aquatic Center for showers, pools, hot tub.

When were you in Flag? Back in 2012 there was a 50 year or so old ex-freight train rider who was one of the guys who ran the Sunshine Rescue Mission. I never stayed there, but I ate there all the time. If I came in for coffee in the morning, he frequently talked about riding trains when he preached, I liked him a great deal. But I only saw him once after my first couple freight train rides in '13.

happy hobo

Reaction score
When were you in Flag? Back in 2012 there was a 50 year or so old ex-freight train rider who was one of the guys who ran the Sunshine Rescue Mission. I never stayed there, but I ate there all the time. If I came in for coffee in the morning, he frequently talked about riding trains when he preached, I liked him a great deal. But I only saw him once after my first couple freight train rides in '13.

I was there briefly in 14 then not again til the summers of 20 and 21. He sounds like a cool cat with plenty of stories!

Reactions: transcendentalhobo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads