New on here : canadian coast-coast hop 2023

Big Stink Oner

Reaction score
I go by ducer or big stink oner been hoppin a bit through canada over the last few years goin coast to coast this year plannin on making lots of stops along the way get the most out of the trip if anyone has any recommendations on places worth checking out deffanitly let me know maybe il see some of yall out there on the rails. Stay safe, stay free.

EJ1312

Teleporter - Apprentice time traveller
Reaction score
I you hop CN west you go through Timmins and then up around north lake nipigon which is epic as fuck. mosquitoe infested up through sioux lookout and onward onto Peg and thats a nice line but not as scenic as the CP line that runs south along superior and south of lake nipigon from toronto and montreal onward through sudbury then chapleau ... white river onward through ...nipigon and then around lake superior which is fucking epic thunder bay could feel hectic ( heard it was hectic ) but never had issues . To be honest I would go onward through to Kenora before endavering off for sights and experiences and spaging the ride from sudbury onward gives you alot of good views . If you do hop off check out Ouimette canyon and Kakabekka falls around thunder bay. Epic as heck both of the spots .checked out these spots while travelling through they're awesome up past thunder bay you'll hit nipigon which is epic and then not to much until kenora..kenora walmart has bushes to camp in and kickdowns are always good..... off the beaten path mosquitoes are killer. Kenora Ontario is scenic and nice plus behind a husky has a gopod camping spots the owner is super chill and if your low key enough you can pan and get kick downs there. Kenora onward people start to get less generous when it comes to kickdowns. But if you hop on and go westward I would hop it out before Winnipeg and then hitch to like Swift current before hopping back on not much to see onward past kenora ontario and Westhawk lake on the beast but like fields and grain towers. Winnipeg IM yard is a spot I've never hopped on or off at but the street scene in Winnipeg city is cool and the city is built up nice. there is liquor store by osbourne village where you'll always find friendly misfits hanging out id check that out.
Portage la praie is past that and there's not to much going on there. Brandon MB is nice too. If youd hitch hike from winnipeg or kenora onward west you woud be able to have more oppertunitys to see spots and the interaction with a hitch hiking ride would be better than riding through the prarie . Swift current SK is fun and is full of religuous folk cowboys and outlaws lol good camping behind the wally world if you spange or busk folks will crowd around and watch but and not kick down BUT there are odd few that do kick down good amounts and people will always buy you hamburgers if you sit in grass by the burger king if you like Forest stick around Nipigon or Kenora to get the best out of that. If your riding CP there will be not much wilderness until you hit like. Well clagary... there and good bushes for camping and tonnes of fishing Walleye and trout underneath the bridge in Nipigon ive seen people have had camps made and nipigon is chill for spangng and kick downs are awesome, you can camp around Kenora lake of the woods and the wildlife and lakes are awesome but watch out for ticks. They're bad out there depending on what time of year your rolling through and the mosquitoes will eat you alive. Dryden ontario east end is good for camping areas and spanging but anywhere past the Tim's and whole foods is not good

Check out medicine hat world's largest tiipii and again if you hitch a bit go up toward drumhelleur which is the dinosaur capital of Canada. Hoodoos and epic scenery up that way. Calgary is awesome and you'll find like minded folk there. If you don't go that route and fork off south towards sparwood which is a more mine shafty industrial feeling but that line is mostly junk and there's a big mine you can end up stuck at :/ but those junkers have nice scenery but they won't get you far. If your around that east koot area near Fort Steele and such it's super awesome but you'll move slow on trains and have a heat stroke.:/ if u go south you'll have fort McLeod and lethbidge to see lots of action and drugs but the build up of the city and camping is cool. Kickdowns suck south. If your on the tans canada youll be making better kickdowns and such. Fort mcleod and lethrbidge is like western sw alberta in a nutshell . Check out Bow valley parkway and Also golden and field is epic to camp and see mountains. 3 valley gap and up around skokkumchuck is super epic
Getting off in kamloops is beauty but the city is becoming hectic especially by the beach...... but awesome scenery... check out hotsprings St Leons in Nakusp and also the natural watersides in the Kootenay you can google it when your near slocan lake

The upper arrow lakes is epic that whole stretch from revelstoke onward down is insane.

As soon as you get to BC the possibilities are endless and the scenery is just insane.

Good luck and if you need any tips on where to camp or anything else on a specific location feel free to send me a message
.keep your headlow and spirits high

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads