New member here from Kentucky

Scruffy390

Reaction score
Hello I am from Kentucky and interested in van life, hiking (Appalachian trail) and train hopping. I am so tired of all the negative people, selfishness, stealing and lying. I know I can never get completely get away from that but that is what I am trying to escape. The hikers I have met from the AT are amazing people and hoping to meet just as amazing people from the van life community and train hopping. I joined this group to learn more about the lifestyle and hopefully I will be able to give back to the community and not just take. Hear is a picture of my dog Marley F77356C6-A2B0-4E4B-BD6B-47EFC41C21AC.jpeg

Ynwdwndrr

Reaction score
Hello I am from Kentucky and interested in van life, hiking (Appalachian trail) and train hopping. I am so tired of all the negative people, selfishness, stealing and lying. I know I can never get completely get away from that but that is what I am trying to escape. The hikers I have met from the AT are amazing people and hoping to meet just as amazing people from the van life community and train hopping. I joined this group to learn more about the lifestyle and hopefully I will be able to give back to the community and not just take. Hear is a picture of my dog Marley View attachment 69163

Hey ro 👋🐶🐾

You hike AT?

Scruffy390

Reaction score
Hey ro 👋🐶🐾

You hike AT?

No I have not but I have been around it. I used to kayak at the Nantahala River and the trail goes through the outfitter there where the take out is for kayaking, I have talked to many through hikers there and I have also attended a few events like at outdoor Chattanooga and another outfitter had through hikers who talked about there hike and had Q&A after. I have also watched a lot of youtube videos of the AT. Yes I know I am just a wanna be but I am also honest of who I am too. I have day hiked on other trails around Ocoee TN, Telico TN and the Smokey Mountains

MxEx

Reaction score
heck yea buddy. It's always an ongoing proccess. give it a go and you'll see what its about. Always good to have some stories and tips from experienced people. The trail, rail, or road is very much like the city when it comes to thieves and shit but you just don't see it as much because your aren't around as many people. So you may find your escape from that type of thing for sure. Though of course, at times the hobo life could put you in much more of a place of theft and distrust. Make your own rules and obey them unless you need some choas and disruption. One tiny rule I have made is Don't get too drunk with people the first time you meet them. Also drinking with homebums wil evntually lead to some sort of fight or accusation so kinda best to not drink more then 2 or hang out for longer than and hour with a homebum til you get to know em. Any how good luck. If you ever need any refuge in dilapidated wv I got room there, and live their part time....have a working car for now so if for some reason something doesn't go well give me a shout...so next tip I'll say is know who your good friends/family are you can call for help in any situations, and also try to know someone within a certain radius of where you are travelling.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads